Question about Factory Reset

cece5702

Reaction score
I did a factory reset on my note 3 and was wondering should I now let the battery drain down to 10% and than charge the battery or is that not really necessary?

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Totally unnecessary.

Oh ok I was asking because when I first purchased my note, a Verizon tech told me to do that and I was thinking since the phone was reset back to the way I purchased it, I needed to do it again.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Oh ok I was asking because when I first purchased my note, a Verizon tech told me to do that and I was thinking since the phone was reset back to the way I purchased it, I needed to do it again.

Not at all.

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I wasn't even told to do that when I bought my phone. My phone was in the 30% range when I charged it because I wasn't going to be home the next day and needed a fully charged phone. From what I understand, the batteries they are using in cellphones now are much more durable than before.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Factory reset did the trick!
My phone has been off the charger for 15 hours and at 8:30 pm in the evening I'm now at 79% percent battery left. Woo Hoo!!

bohemouth

Reaction score
I have a question about the factory reset too. I did it right after I got the phone, actually right after my phone received the KitKat update, and my battery still seems to be weak. I went to bed last night with 63% battery and woke up with 1%. Is this normal? it seems no different than my RAZR MAXX HD. Should I do a factory reset again, or wait. I have had the phone since June 13. I am starting to really enjoy the Note 3, it's not blowing me out of the water with it's amazingness, though I really like the pen to draw with and the notes I write, but this battery thing I thought I could deal with is annoying me more and more.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Well I credit some of my battery performance to the fact that I use only Wifi at home so that makes a big difference. Make sure nothing else is draining your battery. Check your display brightness & make adjustments where you can. Also make sure you close out all running apps once your done with them.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Check location reporting ... I have it set to off when not using maps and stuff ...saves battery drain ..also I don't let apps scan while I'm not on WiFi ..Check off in WiFi advance settings

M8 tap'd

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Check location reporting ... I have it set to off when not using maps and stuff ...saves battery drain ..also I don't let apps scan while I'm not on WiFi ..Check off in WiFi advance settings

M8 tap'd

Yeah but if you turn off the setting to scan for Wifi, if you are in a Wifi area will it still notify you that it's available in a particular area?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lots of things can make you have poor battery life... Run away apps, having your Gmail on auto update, Facebook as well..I would download something like gsam and let it run for a few days.. It will tell you what's draining your battery. If it shows your kernel is sucking up the battery, clearing your cache from recovery can help, but sometimes it's only fixed by doing a fdr...

Screen on time, of course will kill batteries quick, a white wall paper used to.. Not sure if it still does.. Poor reception from being far away or too close to a tower.. Being set to global instead of cdma/lte.. Lots of things..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yeah but if you turn off the setting to scan for Wifi, if you are in a Wifi area will it still notify you that it's available in a particular area?

I'd have to check on that one ..I have WiFi matic turn on WiFi in spots I've used b4..I always have WiFi notification turned off

M8 tap'd

pixeline

Reaction score
I have a question about the factory reset too. I did it right after I got the phone, actually right after my phone received the KitKat update, and my battery still seems to be weak. I went to bed last night with 63% battery and woke up with 1%. Is this normal? it seems no different than my RAZR MAXX HD. Should I do a factory reset again, or wait. I have had the phone since June 13. I am starting to really enjoy the Note 3, it's not blowing me out of the water with it's amazingness, though I really like the pen to draw with and the notes I write, but this battery thing I thought I could deal with is annoying me more and more.

I always charge mine overnight - on matter if I have 10 or 63% juic left. Then it's happy and fit for fight in the morning ... same as me :)

pixeline

Reaction score

I always charge mine overnight - on matter if I have 10 or 63% juic left. Then it's happy and fit for fight in the morning ... same as me :)

Result: it sees me through the day until bedtime no problem ...