Question about Incredible Phone Activation

I will tell you this, I got jacked with an extra bill a month or so ago. I added an additional line to get my Droid back in December. As soon as I got the phone from Fedex, before I even turned the phone on, I called the big red and activate the droid, and switched the phone to my primary line. Well two months later I get a $18+ fee for pro rated data use.....what Verizon claimed, that I must pay that use of data that was on the original Droid line that I transfered an old phone too. Basically they said I was using data on a non Data line.....

MiXoLoGiSt

Easiest and probably best thing i can think of is when it arrives don't even take it out of the box and head to your local Verizon Corporate store and have them activate it. There should be no charge for it to be done at all.

Absolute worse thing I could think of doing. If they activate they will bypass the terms and conditions that wad set up for you and it is possible that you could end up paying the diff between the 2yr price and full retail on your bill.

This is why they include step by step instructions on how to activate it lol. Why would anyone want to waist time driving then waiting in line to have a vzw rep open they box grab the sheet of paper turn the phone around and tell you to dial the 800 numbed in the activation instructions and that's if your lucky and they don't just activate it at the terminal!

I did my Droid this way. I used a different lines upgrade and just had the phone and smartphone plan put onto my line. I will do it this way with the Incredible also. There is no risk of you getting charged the full retail price of the phone. They activate it on the line you choose while you are there. There is more of a risk activating it from home than there is doing it in store. I buy all my phones in store so i don't got to deal with the stupid BS.
Where do you come up with this idea that they could charge you full retail for the phone for activating the phone on a separate line? And how is a VZW Rep bypassing the terms and conditions for activating a phone for you? These things are their JOB!!