Question about old Nokia Flip-phones

Dunari

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
So my mom finally upgraded to a smart phone. (At&t carrier) and when she switched she wanted to transfer her contacts from her old as dirt nokia 6085 to her new phone. Well at the store the employee said they were going to try to cut her old SIM card to fit her new phone. Well, long story, it didnt work and they cut her old sim card up.

So now that she's frantic about losing almost 15 years worth of contacts (both professional and personal) I was wondering if there was a way to recover the contacts? Possibly with a usb cord and a pc?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. . I'm not personally sure if you can extract Contacts off older phones and into a PC in a format that Android can recognize. Maybe another member knows if this is possible. If all else fails I do recommend that when adding Contacts to smart phones I always recommend adding them & saving to your Google account. Once they are saved there you never have to worry about "copying" them to a new phone. They will always sync with any new phone you buy, or activate. And they can be managed, edited, etc from a computer and all changes sync with your phone.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I used to save my contacts from my ancient phones to my PC. Sometimes i'd have to buy a special phone to USB cable.
Google your phone and transferring contacts.
Never know what you might find
Best of luck. And yes, as sajo mentioned, Set up your mom's phone so that all those contacts get sent to Google from now on

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think some of my old brain cells kicked in and I remembered how I did this back in 2010 when I bought our first smart phones. At the time Verizon wanted $10 per phone to transfer Contacts from one phone to another, and they would sometimes wave that fee for "good customers". But I had done some research on Android and knew that one of the cool new features of Android was syncing with a Google account and never having to "copy" or "transfer" Contacts and Calendar records from one phone to another. So I told Verizon no thanks and took our new phones home. I was using a Motorola Razr V3 at the time and found a Motorola program to install on my PC that let my computer "see" my phone as a media device using the USB charging cable. I was then able to extract the Contacts and save them in a standard CSV format. Then I logged into my Google account on my laptop and used the Contacts > Import > CSV File feature built into Google Contacts. They imported in a few seconds, and then Google has a "Find & Fix Duplicates" option when viewing your Contacts from a PC. So I used that to merge the few dups I had and everything looked good. Then I just opened the Contacts app on my phone (and Original Droid at the time) > Settings menu > and selected my Google account and all my Contacts synced with my phone, like magic.

Like @bruben7886 mentioned, hopefully there is some kind of Nokia program / app out there that you can install on your PC and then extract the Contacts into a CSV format. And hopefully it's compatible with modern OS (Win 7, Win 10, Mac, etc.). If you can find a way to get them off the old Nokia into CSV format, then importing into Google & Android is a breeze. Hope all this helps a little.