Question about ROOTing my droid X

djmarjinslc

ROOT android V 2.3.4 system v 4.5.621.mb810 ?

has any1 been able to ROOT android V 2.3.4 system v 4.5.621.mb810 as of yet, ive been trying for a week and then i saw theis post znd well now i'm hoping that someone has found a way

djmarjinslc

Got it and thanks everyone and to the next newbie there is a difference between the bootloader screen and recovery screen. In one your phone cant be rooted in the other your free, fasfer, rooted chose bootloader

I have an old DX that I want to root. I don't need to do it, I just want to practice on it. I had Pete's Root Tool but I got rid of it for fear that I would work up the nerve to actually use it on my Bionic and brick it. Now that I have two extra phones just running on WiFi around the house, I want try it out. But now I can't find any kind of One Click Root Tool download that is still available. What can I do??

I've tried both methods and it won't work. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. This phone was given back to me about a month ago completely locked up. It wouldn't boot up. Tried pulling the battery numerous times. I found a thread here that said to power up and hold the home button, from there it showed the little android guy, I think it had an exclamation point or something like that. Then pressed volume up/down and I believe the bootloader screen came on with some options. Volume down to wipe data and pressed the power button, and off it went. I rebooted it and started from scratch with basically a new like phone:) Now I just use it around the house on WiFi. I've read the DX was designed to be unrootable but obviously someone is doing it. I just want to practice on it to see if I could do it. Just to see if I could remove factory installed useless apps. Does anyone have any solid advice on how to do it???

themib

android recovery is !, triangle, & android andy
bootloader is where you flash sbfs

did you follow my steps
because you should booted to bootloader once and recovery once to root