Quick Charging Is Disabled By Default On The LG G4

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g4-batterie.jpg

With all the flagship phones being released lately with the addition of Quick Charge 2.0 you would think that the G4 with the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC processor. Qualcomm says that this chipset has Quick Charge 2.0, but it turns out that the feature has to be enabled by the manufacturer. LG has Quickcharge disabled with no way to enable it. Maybe they discovered the overheating issue that the GS6 has which kills the accelerometer.

The silver lining here is that the LG G4 charges at 1.8amps while normal quick charge 2.0 charges at 2.0 amps. The G4 only takes about 2 hours to fully charge from 0%. You should also consider the fact that the G4 has a massive 3000mah battery. Hopefully a dev will find a way to enable this feature. As soon as we get a custom recovery we will be able to flash a custom kernel which would solve this issue! Otherwise we can always hope that LG sends out an update to add quick charge 2.0 support!

dweezle

Reaction score
Stuffing the 810 into one of the new ultra thin flagship phones (M9, Flex 2) may be contributing to some of the "overheating" issues. Xiaomi is reportedly releasing a phone with the 810, but with a special cooling solution. I think the G4 running an 808 and without quick charge may be a smart way to minimize heat in the phone. Has anyone come up with hard evidence that it is excessive heat that is frying the accelerometer in the S6?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say keep it out. No reason for it. If I can't wait 60 minutes to charge my device from half way, with a 3000mh battery, then tough.

Sometimes less really is more.