R2-D2 Special Edition Droid 2 Pictures

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-2-r2-d2-edition-revealed-20100813113851600-000.jpg

Can't wait to be one of the new owners of the Special Edition R2-D2 Motorola Droid2? According to Droid-Life, roughly 50,000 units will be available September 30th in a Galaxy not so far away. The phone will have the same hardware specs as the current droid2 with an R2-D2 like body and come pre-loaded with Star Wars content. (star wars theme?) Check out some of the latest images to leak from across the net after the jump...

[Source: IGN.com, Droid-Life.com]

Going to use my upgrade to get it. Can't wait. :)

Every set of leaked picture looks better than the ones before, the front looks really good in these photos

Ya, I must say.... I wasn't a fan at first.. but this does look pretty cool:

R2-D2_Android_phone.jpg

Congrats when you get it, but personally myself I wouldn't waste the upgrade for this.

I am holding off on using mine so I can upgrade to the 4g\LTE version when it comes out. :lifting:

Congrats when you get it, but personally myself I wouldn't waste the upgrade for this.

I am holding off on using mine so I can upgrade to the 4g\LTE version when it comes out. :lifting:
Well i spoke to a vzw rep the other day about LTE and she said that I might be waiting a while for an LTE Android phone. In another thread i posted that i was going to wait until a LTE capable android device was available with at least a 1.5Ghz processor and a 720p screen, but this is a good collectors item.
Also Look at Sprints 4g network it is not even across the us yet, only select cities for now. I'm in Michigan and i don't see their 4g network coming to a city near me until at least july of 2011.
Also when i got my droid i used my moms upgrade so i canuse that again in November of '11 to hopefully get an LTE Android device

I'd totally rock this at the hip-hop shows! :D lol i hang out with a bunch of local hip-hop performers...it'd be fun ;) they all know what i nerd / geek i am, so this would just give them an extra reason to laugh - and appreciate the fact that I am who i am :)

....sadly... :( ...i won't be able to :( ...costs too much ....and i'm nowhere near even my 1yr yet :( ...i'm sad...

Back