Random reboots

newb

Reaction score
I have noticed that, every now and again, my Milestone feels the need to reboot itself randomly, apparently without cause.

This seems to happen at completely random times - I've seen it in the launcher menu, when using an application (andExplorer, to be precise) and also when I was halfway through a phone call. The latter was most annoying, as I then had to wait for the reboot, phone back the person I was talking to, and then explain why I seemingly hung up on them.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

weaselchops

Reaction score
Yes I have seen the same a few times! Last time: I just change from 2g to 3g, then went to the Home page and swiped to go to another screen......reboot! :(

OP
N

newb

Reaction score
Yeah, it's rather annoying.

Is there a way to view logs on the device after the event occurs (as opposed to logcat that has to be connected)? Could be useful to grab some debug information... might give us a clue what's going on.

m0zzie

Reaction score
It seems to be a really bizarre issue. I had it happen twice in the first two weeks I had my phone, but for the past 3 weeks - no problems what so ever.

WildKid

Reaction score
About once every day to every other day it seems, when I turn it off, it'll just turn itself back on a couple seconds to minutes later. What do I do? :frown:

Oh yes, and it also has the infamous sdcard problem.

Motorola tech support just blows, telling me to send it in. :angry:

tituswife

Reaction score
4G arrived here on October 17. In the last 7 - 10 days, I've had random reboots. Did this happen to anyone else after receiving 4G?

Thank you!

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt using Touch Pal keyboard

shockwave72

Reaction score
tituswife said:
4G arrived here on October 17. In the last 7 - 10 days, I've had random reboots. Did this happen to anyone else after receiving 4G?

Thank you!

I have not, I've always had 4G LTE in my area. I used to get random reboots on my Droid 3, one if the reasons why I upgraded to TB, aside from the fact I bricked my D3. Anyway, the only thing I can suggest is a factory reset. Btw, are you rooted at all?

tituswife

Reaction score
No, I'm not rooted. Nor, have any desire to be. 4G is quite a battery drain, and I've wondered if that could cause the reboots, the phone being overworked.

I hope it doesn't come to a factory reset!

Thank you.

shockwave72

Reaction score
tituswife said:
No, I'm not rooted. Nor, have any desire to be. 4G is quite a battery drain, and I've wondered if that could cause the reboots, the phone being overworked.

I hope it doesn't come to a factory reset!

Thank you.

If you want to avoid a factory reset, what you could try to do is take out the battery and leave it out for 5-10 mins, and see if that does anything.

tituswife

Reaction score
I'll try anything to avoid a factory reset! Thank you!

shockwave72

Reaction score
tituswife said:
I'll try anything to avoid a factory reset! Thank you!

You are welcome, I hope it helps.

tituswife

Reaction score
Well, I've spent the least four hours setting my phone back up after doing a factory reset. Hope it ends the reboots!

comk4ver

Reaction score
It could be a rogue app. Try installing reboot logger then install one app at a time check the phone for one day before installing the next one.
tituswife said:
Well, I've spent the least four hours setting my phone back up after doing a factory reset. Hope it ends the reboots!