random turning off

tortoracer

Reaction score
Hello all, my droid 4 has been acting very funny recently, no bad drops, no water contact, nothing that I can think of that would make it a hardware issue, so I'm reluctant to argue with Verizon, or assurion.

One night it randomly shut off after the battery was drained (I think completely, and I think this is where it started...I was drinking so my memory isn't the best). It wouldn't turn on cause the battery was too low, but when it was in charge only mode, it bounced between saying phone was completely charged, and 5% charging. I left it alone for a few minutes. I end up falling asleep...

So fast forward to about 5 hours later, I turn it on, it works. But the battery charge was saying full, but then would quickly diminish to 5% after a short time, I thought bad battery. If I put the charger on, it quickly "charges."

During the very erratic battery behavior, it had a lot of times I find it off randomly, very frequently. So a lot of that for one day, and I get a lead...I notice it happened just after I press send on gosms pro...I instantly uninstall it, seems to fix the power problem, the battery problem is fixed for other most part I think, but I still think its charging a little too quick in reality.

I reinstall gosms pro and it seems to have fixed it, only to return, but once again doesnt seem like its gosms related, its just randomly found off in my pocket.

I'm not sure if this is gosms related, how can I diagnose this further? I want to try to avoid getting rid of gosms, but if it comes to that...so be it.

Does it sound like a bad battery?

OP
T

tortoracer

Reaction score
It is a hardware issue, any impact and it turns off...how can I correct this?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
you could take it apart and look around, but given the minute nature of everything inside, the chance you could find the problem, let alone be able to fix it are very slim.

OP
T

tortoracer

Reaction score
This phone is about a year and a half old i think, so the odds of verizon giving me a replacement are?

The battery gives a few bad battery readings, worth trying a new battery + ear speaker?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
past 1 year its out of warranty and there not going to replace it.
i would try a new battery for sure..