RAZR price drop at Verizonwireless.com

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. Verizon dropped RAZR price to $199 online. If you paid regular price within the last 30 days like I did, cust service will credit account. It took a supervisor to override but she did it. Wanted me to return it to store and reorder online...Really....?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

R

RETG

Why? They are different phones. One has an SD card one doesn't. Different SKUs. If you got a supervisor to match the price for a phone with the SD card to a phone without an SD card, the supervisor didn't know what she is doing and you are lucky.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
I just checked and see $299. For black or white. Am I missing something? What is your zip code? Maybe region specific?

clayrebel

Reaction score
I only see the $299 pricing on the site.
Am I not on the right page?

Sent using my Droid Razr

OP
SGTSCHU

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Phone online shows sd card door like mine. In the specials area before needing to enter zip.

OP
SGTSCHU

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
16GB vs 32GB....16GB is $199, 32GB is $299. I bought 16GB and was able to get the price match

swallman

Reaction score
16GB vs 32GB....16GB is $199, 32GB is $299. I bought 16GB and was able to get the price match

Actually, the original phone is 32GB (16GB internal + 16GB card) which is why I'm surprised they matched it.

The new 16GB version doesn't have the 16GB card with it.

OP
SGTSCHU

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Actually, the original phone is 32GB (16GB internal + 16GB card) which is why I'm surprised they matched it.

The new 16GB version doesn't have the 16GB card with it.

Really, doesn't have SD with it or can't use SD. Be pretty silly to charge $100 for a 16GB microSD

swallman

Reaction score
Really, doesn't have SD with it or can't use SD. Be pretty silly to charge $100 for a 16GB microSD

The new version doesn't come with an SD card at all. Actually I would've probably jumped at that one initially since I had the 16GB card from my old phone I could've used.

FWIW, my price is showing at $ 269 for the 32GB model now.

Here is what it says in the specs for the old phone:
16GB internal memory + 16GB microSD card preinstalled

Here is what it says in the specs for the new phone:
16GB internal memory

vatothe0

Reaction score

Same thing happened with the Droid X. Went from a 16gb card to a 2gb and dropped $50. OEM accessories are always more than 3rd party.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

OP
SGTSCHU

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Going the way of the iPhone...16GB, 32GB...sheesh.

swallman

Reaction score
The 16GB RAZR is out of stock. Either that or they realized how stupid $100 price difference was for a 16GB SD card.

For me it's only showing a $ 70 difference (which is still pretty high)...not sure it's actually OOS yet - just looks like they haven't really started selling them yet (they are showing as a pre-order only).

swallman

Reaction score
Going the way of the iPhone...16GB, 32GB...sheesh.

I think Motorola is just trying to use some of the Apple success ideas (like the non-removable battery, internal memory, etc.) Not that I would ever purchase an iPhone, but Apple has sold a boatload of them and a ton of people seem to be getting by without the ability to replace the battery or swap a memory card just fine.

jdroid80

Reaction score
For me it's only showing a $ 70 difference (which is still pretty high)...not sure it's actually OOS yet - just looks like they haven't really started selling them yet (they are showing as a pre-order only).

$269 must be a discount for you, because it's still showing $299 for me.

They must be trying a few things that apple has used. Some people are against non-removable batteries. Some it's no problem.

I remember everyone was worried because they wouldn't be able to take the battery to reset phone, but that hasn't been an issue it seems. I haven't heard of one person complain about that yet.