RAZR xt912 bricked down to AP recovery.

MrHavok360

Reaction score
(Sigh) Well, here goes..
So, I am aware that this problem exists for several people already, in several threads. I have, (and am still currently) wading through the almost 2000 support threads reading about this condition. The thing is, My Razr is now at the point where it will no-longer charge. It is at near full charge at the moment, So I figure I have 1 or 2 shots to get this right, before it gets to the next step, and I have to start soldering wires together to get a charge... So, I would appreciate any help, if someone knows a sure way to get a flash to stick here.
HISTORY: I started this mess with an unofficial CM9 from XDA, as I couldn't find an official one. It worked well. I wanted to drop Verizon, (forced data plan @ $60 extra bucks a month) and switch to AT&T. (CDMA>GSM) [edit: I have the INT ver. that supports sim card for GSM also] SO... here's what I had, Safestrap loaded CM9 as it's "safe" boot, and a stock ICS on "unsafe".
At this point all was well, (as far as phone booting) - Then, I searched and found CM was still no better for Razr, but several other CM based ROMs looked promising. So, I DLed Eclipse ICS, and Black Widow ICS... Now, the thing is, their instructions took me out of my familiar safe zone (Safestrap) and introduced "Bootmenu Manager" O.K... I can switch, I thought.. time to move on. So, I installed that. looking back, I noted that I didn't uninstall "Safestrap" - may have been part of the problem. Anyway, At this point, I had "BM Manager". could load it up, and select system 1 went to Stock ICS, and system 2 went to CM9. still working. I then started down the dark path.. I Installed Eclipse first, with no luck, and Black Widow next, also fail. They would flash, but get stuck @ boot-loop. (I only wish that was my problem now.) I theorized that it was because I was attempting to install a GSM version onto a CDMA based phone. I then re-canvased the web, for that dilemma, and discovered the GSM Patches... (SIGH) so I gathered a few of them, stuch them on the EXT SD card, and went back to flashing my phone stupid. - The problem occurred during this point, as the new (to me) BM manager switches to Stock, "First System" every time. I noticed about halfway through a ROM flash, that it was flashing my primary/first/unsafe partition. - AND.. enter.. Epic Fail. So, then, I had 2 non-working boot choices.
In an attempt to fix my Epic level mess myself, I took it a step farther. - I DL'ed "RSD Lite", and the "VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml" recovery file, (link from someone else's thread that apparently fixed their problem) and did the RSD Flashy thingy.. well.. up to stage 6/18 anyway. Failed flashing, halt, error, escalate user's Epic Fail to the now Legendary Fail.. - This is where I'm at now. according to millions of similar threads, this is the point where the phone stops taking a charge, so I have put down the shovel,.. while I can still see a glint of light above. fabricating a makeshift soldered power cord to hotwire my $200 "brick" is where I must draw the line. as is using Linux to script myself a new OS flash..
CURRENTLY: I have the recovery menu only. (and apparently the wrong... fastboot file?) So, if anyone has been to this point, or knows what to do to get an OS back.. That would make my day.. week.. month.. - I have seen the miracle work some of you have done for others, and it gives me confidence that there might be a save yet. - Thx in Advance.

teksavag

Reaction score
Get the latest Droid Razr route utility I believe its 1.81 by mattyp it has an all automatic recovery all you have to have is ap fastboot mode and a pc.