Remove Facebook

msheldon

The rmapk app is really nice, I've used it to remove a couple items of dead weight.

Can you add Facebook to what it will remove?

pdroid

Silver Member
Wait a minute, facebook isn't even a system app. You should just be able to uninstall through market.

Teaches me to post right after a nap. ;)

OP
msheldon

msheldon

Wait a minute, facebook isn't even a system app. You should just be able to uninstall through market.

And yet, by the fact that it lives in /system/app, not /data/app, you contradict yourself :)

Facebook updates through the market, but the base install is system. Believe me, there's no other way that drek could get on my device.

pdroid

Silver Member

And yet, by the fact that it lives in /system/app, not /data/app, you contradict yourself :)

Facebook updates through the market, but the base install is system. Believe me, there's no other way that drek could get on my device.

Couldn't find it in my system folder.
On my device it's in /data/app.

But anyway, if it's in your system folder my instructions are valid, you just need to find what the name of the apk is.

OP
msheldon

msheldon

hmm

I'm thinking it may have gotten there from a Titanium restore, since I did a full wipe before installing Sapphire.

Thanks for the help, it's now history.

So far, after about 24 hours running it, Sapphire rocks.