Ringtone Question

Israqua

Reaction score
I just made the switch from IOS to Android and I'm having to learn the basics again. I downloaded a ringtone from the Play Store. I can view and listen to the ringtone in "Play Music". I can not view or listen to anywhere else, i.e. "Music Player" and can not for the life of me figure out how to make it my new ringtone. The menu in "Play Music" doesn't offer a copy feature, i.e. to copy to "My Files/sdcard/media - to the folder I created "Ringtones". Any help is much appreciated. :)

Jelem1880

Reaction score
Israqua said:
I just made the switch from IOS to Android and I'm having to learn the basics again. I downloaded a ringtone from the Play Store. I can view and listen to the ringtone in "Play Music". I can not view or listen to anywhere else, i.e. "Music Player" and can not for the life of me figure out how to make it my new ringtone. The menu in "Play Music" doesn't offer a copy feature, i.e. to copy to "My Files/sdcard/media - to the folder I created "Ringtones". Any help is much appreciated. :)

What app are you using to download ringtones? I normally use Zedge and have no issues. I also download music from the web browser and custom make my ringtones with the mp3 ringtone maker app in the play store.

richkev

Reaction score
+1 on Zedge. Just download the ringtone and Zedge does the rest.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
You can use an app such as ES File Explorer to move the file to the correct directory or an app like Ringdroid which will take any music file and make it one of your ringtones.

OP
I

Israqua

Reaction score
I just downloaded both Zedge and ES File Explorer and will give them a try. Thanks for your help. I appreciate the reply. :)

Norman56

Reaction score
I down loaded the ringtone I wanted in Zedge, and can't find where to add it to the ringtone list...as it doesn't show up on the embedded one.