Rocketfish Case Thoughts

arrjaytea

Purchased at Best Buy for $24.99, the case is the best "thin" case I've found thus far, and to a degree emulates the Seidio Innocase Surface for the Motorola Droid 1.

Pros:

- Very thin/sleak
- Rubberized grip akin to Seidio and others.
- No rubbing when keyboard is slid out.
- Adds very little bulk to the phone.

Cons:

- Less form fitting than comparable (read: Seidio) cases, meaning there is a small gap between the case and the phone near the camera. Feels weak, and potential for breaking seems high.
- Price seems high for what it is.

In the end, I've had a couple of different cases already in the short time I've had this phone (day one), and this is hands down the best available case currently. If Seidio releases a case, I will likely invest in it, but for the moment this is a very reasonable substitute.

Questions: If anyone else has this case and either a car or home dock, does it fit into the dock with the case on? I'm needing to invest in a car dock for this phone, but not all that interested in being the guy who finds out whether or not it works in case or not, hence my waiting for Seidio to make up their darned minds on whether or not they'll be making a case.

Final Word: If you, like me, have been waiting for a sign of anything at all from Seidio or Otterbox, yet have been frustrated by their abhorrent customer service, this case is a suitable replacement for the time being.

firefurby

Saw this post, so I went out and bought one of these since I had a $25 gift card anyway. It's a nice case, but not great. Definitely slim, but it doesn't clip on around the camera lens, so that part feels flimsy. Also, I had a very similar quality and construction case for my TouchPro2 and I can tell that just like that one, this will break easily. Nice for now, but I'm definitely keeping my eye out for something more solid.

Kamokazi

I went out and bought one of these since I had a $25 gift card anyway.

Haha, same here. I almost never shop at BB so it was collecting dust. Just wanted something for a little extra protection for when I'm not using my belt holster and slip it in my pocket.

Corners are a little loose for me too. Overall I would buy a Seidio or something more serious if I used it this way more often.

OP
arrjaytea

arrjaytea

Right then. So in sum, probably the best currently available case, but still somewhat shit.

I'm right there with you guys.
icon14.gif

OP
arrjaytea

arrjaytea

just get a otter box lol

See aforementioned "abhorrent customer service."

Seidio and Otterbox have both had such confusing responses to the simple question "Will you be producing a case for the Droid 2?", and I don't care to wait around on them sorting out their decision, so in the meantime this is reasonable.

Though had you read the thread, Mr. "I like to play Japanese Gangster on the internet", you might have already realized this, and thus avoided such an entirely pointless post.

Well in, though. Really.
icon14.gif

ok i guess i deserved part of that, but that was a little harsh... i deserve about missing you saying that, my bad, but also I keep forgetting there is more than just droid 1 here now. Since i got my droid ive been getting on this site and reading the most recent posts at the bottom of the page. so i saw it and replied to it.

Now onto a more in depth suggestion. You already have the one case, use the front face piece for that if it has one, then use the back piece of another case from a D1 if the colors match, and go that way. Not 100% sure this would work, but wouldnt hurt to try.

Again, sorry i misread, but that was pretty harsh.

OP
arrjaytea

arrjaytea

Again, sorry i misread, but that was pretty harsh.

It was. My apologies.

Your suggestion is solid, save for a couple things (one of which is my own fault). First, I thought I had read (though haven't confirmed) that the camera placement is slightly different on the new Droid, and thus an old case would be problematic in that respect.

Second, and what is clearly my fault, is that I gave my Innocase to a friend with a Droid 1, as I thought he'd enjoy it and it was useless to me.

Again, apologies. Was quite rude.

It was. My apologies.

Your suggestion is solid, save for a couple things (one of which is my own fault). First, I thought I had read (though haven't confirmed) that the camera placement is slightly different on the new Droid, and thus an old case would be problematic in that respect.

Second, and what is clearly my fault, is that I gave my Innocase to a friend with a Droid 1, as I thought he'd enjoy it and it was useless to me.

Again, apologies. Was quite rude.

its all good, just threw me off lol

heres one for $3.85 with free shipping :) but not sure what the deal is with the camera location or anything... but a drimmel might help lol