[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

kwyrt

Reaction score
So I have a weird problem. I've been trying to install CM for about a week now and keep running into my Gaaps not working. I've d/l'ed the version (8/12) that CM said to get and nada. I keep getting all of the error messages saying everything's crashed. Anybody have an idea as to what's going on?
Are you trying to install CM10.1 or CM 10.2? CM10.1 need 08/12 gapps. CM10.2 need 08/13 gapps.

ghatala

Reaction score
Been running 10.2 for a bit now. Everything is working fine except for one item. I am on the 0919 nightly. I use google voice for my voicemail and that works perfectly. Since this update any SMS or replies to SMS are tagged with my Google phone number instead of my first number. Went into settings and tried to change it to no avail. This is causing me to get replies as to "who sent this" I have been telling my contacts to add my Google voice number to their contact list.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Kudos to the developers for everything they have done so far.

Thanks,
G

kwood129

Reaction score
Do you have voice+ enabled? That might be whats causing it

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

bofis

Reaction score
Am I really the only one who is having major GPS issues? I'm presently using SS 3.11 and the stable 10.1.3 build from Sept 23rd, but I don't think the GPS toggles work. If I open Maps upon booting, it will usually work perfectly fine, however, at some point the phone will give up and the GPS icon won't even appear at the top when an application is trying to find my location (such as Maps). At this point there is nothing I've found that will bring back the hardware GPS without another reboot. Airplane mode does not help which is why I feel like it's a sticky settings issue partially.

How are the 10.2 nightlies on the Droid 4? Maybe those correct this?

kwyrt

Reaction score
How are the 10.2 nightlies on the Droid 4? Maybe those correct this?

Not sure about you GPS issues. CM10.2 has been really stable for me. No GPS issues but I don't use nav that often either. I know my weather widget always has the correct location though.

Droid 4 - CM10.2

Zuofu

Reaction score
Not sure about you GPS issues. CM10.2 has been really stable for me. No GPS issues but I don't use nav that often either. I know my weather widget always has the correct location though.

Droid 4 - CM10.2

If you have "use network based location" checked, it will use telemetry to locate you even when GPS doesn't lock. The way to truly test GPS is to either use navigation, or download an app like GPS checker. AFAIK, none of the mods that I've tried (nightly from a week ago, or CM 10.1.3 build, or any of the RCs) will reliably have GPS work.

SuperSonix

Reaction score
Is anyone having unusual battery drainage with CM 10.1.3? Within an hour of being idle, it drops from 100%- 92%.

motrue

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I've tried every tweak possible. I dunno what the issue is.

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

thelolotov

Reaction score
Is anyone having unusual battery drainage with CM 10.1.3? Within an hour of being idle, it drops from 100%- 92%.

Yes, GOD YES I AM.

I'm getting battery cliffs daily, and it's driving me absolutely bat****. I'm pretty sure the main issue is battery reporting, not actual drain, because I've seen my phone nosedive from 70 to 40 percent before.

max8126

Reaction score
Yes, GOD YES I AM.

I'm getting battery cliffs daily, and it's driving me absolutely bat****. I'm pretty sure the main issue is battery reporting, not actual drain, because I've seen my phone nosedive from 70 to 40 percent before.
Same here

ghatala

Reaction score
Using the 10 04 nightly and am having problems getting MMS. Most other functions seem good. Haven't used GPS though yet. Battery reporting seems to be fine and I only have to charge at night.

Jishkah

Reaction score
Using the 10 04 nightly and am having problems getting MMS. Most other functions seem good. Haven't used GPS though yet. Battery reporting seems to be fine and I only have to charge at night.

Yeah, MMS isn't going to be fixed. It's been seen as an apparent non-issue by the developer, considering how long it's been a bug for many of us in the first place.
...Yes, I'm slightly bitter. ._.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Yeah, MMS isn't going to be fixed. It's been seen as an apparent non-issue by the developer, considering how long it's been a bug for many of us in the first place.
...Yes, I'm slightly bitter. ._.

MMS works fine if you use GoSMS or Verizon Messages off of Play Store.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4