[ROM BETA] Fenom ROM 0.9.x

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Hi Fenuxx, did you add into your ROM the Radiocomm radio driver Throttle Remover hack?

And there is another 3G Speed increase hack that seems to be making the GSM signal stronger which is:
(from Zeppelinrox and his v6 supercharger script):
ro.ril.hsxpa=3
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hep=1
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1
ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295
ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449
ro.ril.hsupa.category=9

Can I just add this hack at the bottom of my Fenom build.prop along with the other 3G hack you added or will they conflict? What should I do? Should I erase the other one first?
Thank you.

Last edited:

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I dled file, flashed then had to restore backup for work. Last night tried to flash it again when got home. Everytime got same problem. Opening then it stops. Says file name then (bad) failed. It is recognizing the zip and everything, but saying its bad. Any help? I restored to stock before trying to flash and wiped and all the normal...this is a new one for me!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

TheGreatDevoid

Reaction score
I just wanted to give my impressions for this ROM. In short it is absolutely fantastic. I tried Liberty for a few days but it was unstable and the sensors bug was very annoying. I SBF'ed to 330, z4 rooted, installed Droid 2 Bootstrapper, made a backup, wipe/factory reset, wiped cache, and installed the latest Fenom .Zip (I verified the file size with the OP) Fenom is very responsive on my phone, but I have not noticed a significant increase in battery life. 3G is noticably faster, and the phone overall is very speedy. I have had no reboots or force close issues and I have been running it for 48 hours. I did not notice any issues with Google Music Beta, but did on stock and Liberty. The only bug so far seems to be with the in call screen, it does not rotate when the phone is in the car dock and receive or make a call. Great, great job. Keep up the good work!

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score
Hi Fenuxx, did you add into your ROM the Radiocomm radio driver Throttle Remover hack?

And there is another 3G Speed increase hack that seems to be making the GSM signal stronger which is:
ro.ril.hsxpa=3
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hep=1
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449
ro.ril.hsupa.category=9

Can I just add this hack at the bottom of my Fenom build.prop along with the other 3G hack you added or will they conflict? What should I do? Should I erase the other one first?
Thank you.

That would have to replace what's already there. There are different settings in Fenom for those values.

The radiocomm hack is not part of this ROM.

I dled file, flashed then had to restore backup for work. Last night tried to flash it again when got home. Everytime got same problem. Opening then it stops. Says file name then (bad) failed. It is recognizing the zip and everything, but saying its bad. Any help? I restored to stock before trying to flash and wiped and all the normal...this is a new one for me!

You are obviously not getting a complete file. In the OP there are a file size, MD5 hash, and SHA-1 hash to compare to, which will tell you if you are getting the genuine file.

hgrimberg

Reaction score

ro.ril.hsxpa=3
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hep=1
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449
ro.ril.hsupa.category=9

Thank you.

That would have to replace what's already there. There are different settings in Fenom for those values.

The radiocomm hack is not part of this ROM.

Well the values in Fenom are different, the lines are in different order and also, the last 3 lines (htcmaskw1.bitmask, htcmaskw1 and hsupa lines) are not present in Fenom. Anyway, this 3G speed hack that comes with Fenom made my internet speed increase so I don't know if I should replace it with this other hack and then the signal will be more stable and the internet faster...
At least I added the radiocomm hack and it really made my signal more stable. What do you recommend?

jfunks88

Reaction score
Should i still SBF???

Not sure if this has been covered already but it doednt really specify in the OP...
Can i just flash upgrades over older versions or would it behoove me to (SBF???) wipe data and such even if im coming from say 0.9.3?

Great ROM by the way!!! cant wait to see whats in the future for it

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
It is suggested that you start from stock. If you have a backup then you can restore it, wipe data/cache and then flash the newer version.
It only takes a few extra min. To do it that way but can save you from possible issues.

jfunks88

Reaction score
Thaks for clearing that up...better safe than sorry.

gefox4vn

Reaction score
I'm using Fenom 0.9.6 beta on my D2G. But there is some problems I've met in Stock Rom and Fenom Rom:
- Sometimes, D2G auto restart without any reason or notifications, ever no program's running. I just make a call and ... opps :(
- When I get an incomming call, my monitor can't detect any finger. May be it LAG.
- I can't do any command to check my money from provider. I'm living in VietNam, using Viettel GSM and never check *101# or *102# on my D2G.

hgrimberg

Reaction score
I'm using Fenom 0.9.6 beta on my D2G. But there is some problems I've met in Stock Rom and Fenom Rom:
- Sometimes, D2G auto restart without any reason or notifications, ever no program's running. I just make a call and ... opps :(
- When I get an incomming call, my monitor can't detect any finger. May be it LAG.
- I can't do any command to check my money from provider. I'm living in VietNam, using Viettel GSM and never check *101# or *102# on my D2G.

Fenom has the issue of rebooting sometimes but it has a lot of hacks in comparison with other roms. The problem with incoming calls is an Android issue probably due to the lack of GPU acceleration that any iphone has but we don't. You have to install an app for handling calls by touching the camera button like my "lock phone tools". It is the only thing that works. If you don't have this app or a similar one you will miss a lot of calls.

jcl197

Reaction score
Im starting to think that the reboot issues may be kernel related as it happens even with stock rom, if only motorola would unlock the bootloader to allow our own kernels to be built

rusty815

Reaction score

Fenom has the issue of rebooting sometimes but it has a lot of hacks in comparison with other roms. The problem with incoming calls is an Android issue probably due to the lack of GPU acceleration that any iphone has but we don't. You have to install an app for handling calls by touching the camera button like my "lock phone tools". It is the only thing that works. If you don't have this app or a similar one you will miss a lot of calls.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with gpu acceleration, I pick up calls just fine, just got off the phone with a friend actually, don't know what's causing this problem but I'm pretty sure is not hardware related

rusty815

Reaction score
Im starting to think that the reboot issues may be kernel related as it happens even with stock rom, if only motorola would unlock the bootloader to allow our own kernels to be built

I hardly ever have reboot issues, when I do, i usually fix it myself, i haven't had any reboots with my phone running fenom ever since I replaced music beta, it's been up and running for close to a week now.

gefox4vn

Reaction score
Now I have more problem. When I get more than 2 incoming call, the phone is hang that i have to remove batery then power on the phone :(. What the hell with my phone :(