[ROM] Droid 4 Stock Rom, one zip. AT YOUR OWN RISK

skylarmb

Reaction score
This was made using the same method used to make a Droid Razr ROM, except on the Droid 4, so it should theoretically work. Here is a stock rom in one zip file, instead of three .exe files as user myfishbear posted here.

This ROM is pre-rooted

Slight fix as of
2/21 12:15 am PST

USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT IS UN-TESTED AS I DO NOT OWN A DROID 4 (yet).

DOWNLOADhttp://tinyw.in/CTDK

Size: 255.85 MB
MD5:a251142f5b850e4ad281fb98318a
Link: http://tinyw.in/CTDK

DONATE

Last edited:
Reaction score
no way in hell am i trying this unless i really screw something up... but thanks! :biggrin:

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Tried this one too get a similar error as with the one posted by myfishbear. I thinking it must be due to something I messed up on my end. If i try moto-fastboot i get a missing INFO partition error. In RSD xml image error.

OP
skylarmb

skylarmb

Reaction score
Tried this one too get a similar error as with the one posted by myfishbear. I thinking it must be due to something I messed up on my end. If i try moto-fastboot i get a missing INFO partition error. In RSD xml image error.

You cannot use RSD. This is a flashable ROM

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You do not fastboot a Rom, you flash it in CWM. (Safestrap kind of works right now, but D4 version is coming)

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know this was the wrong way to go about this. I suppose i have to try and get my phone replaced or wait until the fastboot file leaks out.

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know this was the wrong way to go about this. I suppose i have to try and get my phone replaced or wait until the fastboot file leaks out.
Hopefully I will figure a way to use the new Razr files to fix the system before too long. skylarmb and I are getting the phone tomorrow or the day after (whenever the USPS is kind to us).

kwyrt

Reaction score

Just curious, but, have you thought about using the razr fastboot file? I know coming from a D2 most DX ROMs ran on it because the hardware is so similar. I wonder if you could use the Razr fastboot to at least get it to boot in to Android, install bootstrap, boot into CWM, and flash the stock ROM mattlgroff posted. I have no idea if that would work. Just an idea.

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just curious, but, have you thought about using the razr fastboot file? I know coming from a D2 most DX ROMs ran on it because the hardware is so similar. I wonder if you could use the Razr fastboot to at least get it to boot in to Android, install bootstrap, boot into CWM, and flash the stock ROM mattlgroff posted. I have no idea if that would work. Just an idea.
I know for sure the webtop flashes, but I have yet to try the 173 files from Razr yet for obvious reasons (U.S.P.S. taking Sundays and holiday's off!)

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I know for sure the webtop flashes, but I have yet to try the 173 files from Razr yet for obvious reasons (U.S.P.S. taking Sundays and holiday's off!)
lol today is presidents day;) btw i replaced like all the vzw apps, social apps, most of blur, and contacts from my dump on my phone with root explorer so i think the /system/app folder is good to flash with rw--r--r perms... asop email 2.3.4,alarm clock 2.0.2, car home 2.2.1.2 sms 2.3.3 music 2.3.3 are all confirmed to work on a stock d4. most of em i got from cm 7.0.3

Last edited: