davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
updated to GPA12

also changed the camera shutter noise to the Motorola Atrix sound, its better.

iddlolme

Reaction score
Just an FYI of what I've encountered,

The RZ 1GHz kernel seem to have issues whether it be skipping in music, stuttering video, or not playing nice w/ SetCPU. Use the 1.1 or 1.2GHz kernels instead. Seem to play nice with everything, including SetCPU. Also, the 1.0GHz kernel has some weird 400.12MHz slot (or close to something like that) in SetCPU below 1GHz but above 900MHz in the "Info" tab.

Skip the 1.0GHz kernel and choose one of the other ones. You can underclock both 1.1 and 1.2GHz kernels to 1GHz in SetCPU.

Ran into this issue w/ both LGB posted and Peter's suggested RaidZero 1GHz kernels. I'm assuming they're the same version.

Yes, I'm trying to push the RZ kernels cuz they've worked awesome for me and I've never had temp levels so low using any of his kernels!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was using RZ's 1.1 kernel in GimpSource without a hitch, but every one of his gets all quirky with this GB ROM. I changed to Chevy's new compcache compatible kernels and its been smooth sailing.

iddlolme

Reaction score
i get a FC on the alarm clock ... anyone else?

Everyone does they prolly just don't use it ... I'll fix it today .

Funny...I don't have the FC issue but I'll dl the fix and probly get it. :p

On another note, I used to use either Spare Parts or Rom Manager "Fix Permissions" script. Since moving to GB I've been reluctant to use it. Are there differences between the two and are they safe for GB? Are the locations & permissions from Froyo and GB the same?

iddlolme

Reaction score
I think google should have made battery percentage an option in the settings for stock android.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

+1

Is it just me or does the battery icon not seem to reflect the correct level? When at 90% is still shows 100. When at 80 it goes down a notch and makes me think I'm at 90. When I'm at 60 it looks like I'm at 80. Anyone else have this. Noticed it since GPA10. Yes, full 3x wipe/format everything. Is it this way in Moto's stock? I can't remember that far back.

Easy fix for me is a battery widget or 3rd party status bar icon but that defeats the purpose of the stock icon + I can't hide it (or can I hack a file?).

revenge8

Reaction score
Nevermind edited post.
.... anyways I have noticed as well that the battery indicator in the status bar is never really accurate (I'm at 50% now and it show about 3/4ths full) not a big deal with battstatt as a backup widget..

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Nevermind edited post.
.... anyways I have noticed as well that the battery indicator in the status bar is never really accurate (I'm at 50% now and it show about 3/4ths full) not a big deal with battstatt as a backup widget..

Ya I noticed that too. Those are actual GingerBread icons as in I left those alone. There are some many weird "bugs" in GingerBread alone. Prolly cuz it was never meant for sholes

revenge8

Reaction score
Nevermind edited post.

Ya I noticed that too. Those are actual GingerBread icons as in I left those alone. There are some many weird "bugs" in GingerBread alone. Prolly cuz it was never meant for sholes

thanks for the alarm fix, works great!

i figured the battery was a GB thing, not a gimpy ROM thing.. ive seen when i was on CM nightlies and jeffv2's versions of GB too.