[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.29.0 [DEV]

waco

Reaction score
I'm receiving color picture messages no problem. Doesn't help fix your problem but i don't think it's a rom issue

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm also receiving picture messages in black and white only

Chewy, this bug seems to follow you w/ every build. Have you tried receiving pic sms from fresh install of rom w/o restoring anything? IIRC, your the only one I remember reporting this issue.

nu2droid

Reaction score
2 odd things

Have 2 weird things.
1st, phone was locking up, so I did a reboot. Got stuck at "M". Out of nowhere, I had to reflash rom to get started....odd
2nd, when I took a video, I had no issues. Watched the video and it was distorted. Hold the phone potrait or landscape and play video. It always plays in landscape and it doesn't proportionaly resize for the screen. Just sqashes it down on the screen. Havent downloaded to computer yet to see if stays that way.
That isn't a real big issue for me cause I don't really use the video, but odd none the less.

chewy74

Reaction score
You're right. I even flashed back to 7.15 and it still had the bug. I did start over with a clean install and no restore or themes or 3rd party apps installed and still getting bug.

Any other suggestions? You want me to get a logcat to you or try something else?

Thanks for your help

I'm also receiving picture messages in black and white only

Chewy, this bug seems to follow you w/ every build. Have you tried receiving pic sms from fresh install of rom w/o restoring anything? IIRC, your the only one I remember reporting this issue.

nu2droid

Reaction score
I am not having the picture color issue. Just received this full color image this morning.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I have noticed it very difficult getting rom manager to function properly...it must be this 4 way reboot issue reported earlier. I've been unable to hard boot holding the "x". I came here looking to see if anyone else was experiencing this. Otherwise this rom is working very snappy...liking it much better now...

chewy74

Reaction score
Ozzie, its not the rom its cwr. Its very temperamental and if you switch between recoverys a lot cwr needs to be flashed repeatedly a few times before it will stick.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Funny you mentioning that...I was just reflashing cw along with uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if I could affect a change.
I can get it to work, but I have to keep going about it all screwy...like rebooting into recovery from cw...when it tries to install the update.zip back out to get to the menu. Backup from there, then once it's rebooted go back in and rename.
I've been looking into alternatives...not sure I want to go there either.

Ozzie

Reaction score
It does appear the only time I have issues with cw is with this rom...I do flash roms quite a bit trying to keep up...:icon_eek:
Let's see what happens when magic comes up with a fix for the 4 way boot...I'm still thinking they are related.

chewy74

Reaction score
i've had the same issue you have with CW when i use another recovery and try to go back to CW. I do not believe the ROM has anything to do with whether your recovery is functioning correctly. Try RZR as an alternative to clockwork, i tried RZR and have never looked back...

The 4 way boot issues is the 4 way mod initiating a script that's running when booting into whatever recovery you're running (that's what i assume). I'm on RZR and its also trying to flash a update.zip

the issue with having difficulty booting into cwr is not related to the 4 way boot issue, or MIUI ROM. When I was using cwr, I came across the issue across every ROM i flashed.

go into RaidZero's section and download RZRecovery...he has a flash-able zip to easily install the new recovery...you will lose some of ROM Manager & CWR automated features, but RZR features and reliability more than makes up for it.

It does appear the only time I have issues with cw is with this rom...I do flash roms quite a bit trying to keep up...:icon_eek:
Let's see what happens when magic comes up with a fix for the 4 way boot...I'm still thinking they are related.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Thanks for that...I have a couple hours before my wife goes to work...till then I need to look busy...:icon_eek:
Think I'll break down and try RZR...

jchammer123

Reaction score
Thanks for that...I have a couple hours before my wife goes to work...till then I need to look busy...:icon_eek:
Think I'll break down and try RZR...

I second the RZR comment. I have been using it since it came out and it's ten times better and more reliable then CWR or SPR.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You're right. I even flashed back to 7.15 and it still had the bug. I did start over with a clean install and no restore or themes or 3rd party apps installed and still getting bug.

Any other suggestions? You want me to get a logcat to you or try something else?

Thanks for your help

I don't know if a logcat will help because I don't think the sms app is working incorrectly. What service do you have? Do the images come in b&w from everyone or just some people with certain service?

Can you verify that the sms pictures work properly with CyanogenMod 7? (Can't remember if you previously said that worked or not)

chewy74

Reaction score
I did have cm7 on for a couple of days, but can't remember if I got a black and white pic txt or not. It didn't play well with my phone so the rom wasn't on for long.

The black/white pic txt always comes in from my wife's number on this rom and none other. She's also on vzw and on a Droid 1. I had a friend send a pic txt and that came in color and was fine. She's also on vzw and using Droid 1.

So only pictures sent by my wife's phone is coming in black & white. That's so weird.

Thanks for your help

I don't know if a logcat will help because I don't think the sms app is working incorrectly. What service do you have? Do the images come in b&w from everyone or just some people with certain service?

Can you verify that the sms pictures work properly with CyanogenMod 7? (Can't remember if you previously said that worked or not)

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
I did have cm7 on for a couple of days, but can't remember if I got a black and white pic txt or not. It didn't play well with my phone so the rom wasn't on for long.

The black/white pic txt always comes in from my wife's number on this rom and none other. She's also on vzw and on a Droid 1. I had a friend send a pic txt and that came in color and was fine. She's also on vzw and using Droid 1.

So only pictures sent by my wife's phone is coming in black & white. That's so weird.

Now have your wife send a picture message to your friend and see if its B/W. Assuming of course one woman knows about the other, I'd hate to see worlds collide over this :)