[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.8.0 [DEV]

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I am shocked the ROM is beautiful but the bugs never get fixed in any release. The Video ROM is a default feature and no developer can fix it? This doesn't make sense.

markwebb

Reaction score
I am shocked the ROM is beautiful but the bugs never get fixed in any release. The Video ROM is a default feature and no developer can fix it? This doesn't make sense.

I agree. After 6+ months the same issues reappear. Not worth my time and effort IMHO.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
They released the stable build already didn't they?

Mag, if I flash this and get it set up and the stable build is released, can I flash it over this dev build?

I am not sure. I don't know what is going to be different with the stable build. I noticed the download from MIUI China is several mb smaller, so I don't know what they removed. (My guess is they removed Google stuff, but haven't looked at the build yet) I know MIUI.us is taking some time with the stable build to make sure everything is right. As soon as they get a stable milestone, I will try porting it to the D1.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I agree. After 6+ months the same issues reappear. Not worth my time and effort IMHO.

But it is worth your effort to take the time to write a negative post about software that you don't use? Doesn't seem like your time and effort is worth all that much then.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I am shocked that users keep bringing up this same complaint. What do you really hope to achieve by making such a statement? This thread is for bug reports. Are you reporting any? I can make a b*#& and moan thread so you can go complain to and with those that feel the same. Otherwise save this thread for comments with bugs that can be addressed and fixed.

I don't mind complaints or criticisms of this build. I am all ears to hear them and do what I can do address them. But complaining about known issues is just trolling.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is this Dev 1.7.8 or stable vision ?

I can't find the function of “常驻内存",But Miui.com said we can choose some software to store in memory for long time. It also said only Milestone has this function.

Droid based on the milestone revision?

OP states this is development build.

Where are you finding "常驻内存" ? I don't have a milestone to run the stock build from MIUI, so I don't know what software options they have or how they may have implemented it.

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
mags- you mentioned in the previous build thread making some changes to compcache for running the deprimed kernel. Would you advise trying the kernel or others? I don't understand compcache but think any problems I've had with recent builds is because of stuff I've done. Between the things you've included in the rom, deprimed, and/or the supercharge scripts I've probably thrown to much at my aging device.

Anyways, I can't thank you enough the your time and talents porting this for us. I'm not due for an upgrade for a while and would be salivating over the new device if not for this rom. I can hold out a while longer even though I can't receive mms videos!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

And posting that wasn't a waste of time? If the issues bother you that much go learn Linux and the Android code and see if YOU can fix them...
Personally I will say miui is slower and has more little bugs than some other roms (simply stunning is like flawless lol), however I'm willing to sacrifice those for the awesome complete customness and completely different interface that no other Droid roms have...
Btw thanks to magiman for the constant work and really paying attention to any requests or bugs and actually working on them

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
mags- you mentioned in the previous build thread making some changes to compcache for running the deprimed kernel. Would you advise trying the kernel or others? I don't understand compcache but think any problems I've had with recent builds is because of stuff I've done. Between the things you've included in the rom, deprimed, and/or the supercharge scripts I've probably thrown to much at my aging device.

If the deprimed kernel has worked well for you before, I would say go ahead and try it. Compcache should work with it fine. I was actually using it for a little while on the 1.7.1 build last week. I have tried Pete's new kernel (LV 800) last week (or the week before, can't remember) but it didn't work well on my phone. I haven't tried Chevy's kernel lately. I usually like a kernel w/ top speed of 800-900 because when I have gone beyond that, I really notice a drop in battery drain. Other phones are different, just know how my phone behaves. I am still running stock on 1.7.8 to get an idea of the changes made. Most weeks I don't change kernels because I don't have time :)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Btw corcors pe kernels also work with compcache on miui (at least they all have in the past, been too lazy to flash the new one lol) however I could never get Chevy's to work with compcache here at all

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to flashing the new build...I decided to try the stock kernel and I must say I'm quite impressed...this build is quite speedy even running at .8 ghz rather than my usual 1.25 ghz...great work magiman (if I had money I'd donate to ya lol)

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi,Majiman7,"常驻内存" :setting→prgrams !

for more information about "常驻内存",pls refer to Milestone (I think your Chinese is also Good enough just as your skill of dev..:greendroid::icon_ banana:)

I am not sure what happened with that feature. It was supposed to be in the milestone build. I don't have a milestone to verify the China build included it or if the MIUI.us milestone build has it in. Obviously it isn't in my port, but I am not sure where it got lost. I know it will not be in the stable build. I will be trying to look for it, and hopefully in future builds I can see if it will work on the D1.

Here I has another problem ,I need your help,Today morning I flashed Miui Rom from Miuiandroid for a test ,I found that it shows "开关" when I press the power button,however the rom here shows "shutdown options" (”开关"maybe called toggle in your language ,I'm not sure )

What you are describing is the default behavior of MIUI. The MIUI.us builds and my ports have included a mod that will bring up those power options. Most people like that mod and so that is why it is included by default. You can always get to those toggles by dragging down the notification bar. I know some apps cause the notification bar to disappear and in those cases you can't get to it directly. However, having the power options available I believe is worth it.

g_what

Reaction score
I just want to reiterate how fantastic this build is!

Thank you MagiMan and TP4BAMA and anyone else who had a hand in this build for your hard work! Been running 7.8 for about 2 days now and no issues at all. If this is a "Development" build, I can only imagine how stable the "Stable" build will be.

jchammer123

Reaction score
This build has been excellent so far. I haven't had the lag issues and haven't had to change the kernel.

Magiman, you mentioned in the last builds threat that you were going to incorporate the supercharging script in, I'm curious what option you put in this build?