(ROM) MOEmod 1.5... stable

randyb69

Reaction score
Yes, you MUST install gapps! Its a CM7 thing, all of your CM roms will require it to be installed.

This is the most stable, modified, quickest rom I have ever ran. If you don't try this rom you are missing out. Not to mention he has an update being tested right now that i imagine will be out soon. I read it would include the new radio and firmware. I kinda think this 13 year old stuff is a joke! This rom is built like a veteran.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Addiction_Ink

Reaction score
I was unable to install it from market.android.com as it was saying it was already installed. I even tried to install appbrain from appbrain.com and nothing would install. The kicker for me was when I was unable to connect to gmail servers to add my gmail account. I'm not a Noob, I have been in the game a while. It may just be me having this issue, 2.3.340 rooted and no luck for me. Maybe I'll check back when the update is released. It sucks cause it was really fast and extremely smooth.

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score
I was unable to install it from market.android.com as it was saying it was already installed. I even tried to install appbrain from appbrain.com and nothing would install. The kicker for me was when I was unable to connect to gmail servers to add my gmail account. I'm not a Noob, I have been in the game a while. It may just be me having this issue, 2.3.340 rooted and no luck for me. Maybe I'll check back when the update is released. It sucks cause it was really fast and extremely smooth.

I think you might still be missing a step. After flashing the ROM, you have to also flash gapps, which can be downloaded as a flashable zip file from here. You'll want to grab the one for CyanogenMod 7, dated 20110603 (direct link is here). You flash it in clockwork recovery. You don't install it from the market. Once you do this, you should be able to enter your gmail account info.

I have used v1.0 of this ROM, and just flashed 1.5, and it does seem very fast, smooth and stable. Of all the 2nd init ROMS that I've tried (many CM7 dailies, the last three MIUI, Justice, Liquid), I like this one the best BY FAR. I would definitely recommend trying it out.

-TSL

Addiction_Ink

Reaction score
Thank you for the info and the link, now if I could get it to sync with gmail I'b be more apt to stay:

When I try to sync my gmail account it times out "Server could not finish", "Unable to open connection to sever"

I have tried the settings it auto fills as well as Gmail server settings from google and still have no luck.

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score
I wish I could help you there, but I don't actually use the Gmail app (although it does sync ok on my phone). I use Enhanced Email (from the market) since I also have an Exchange email account for work. You could try using the stock corporate email app rather than Gmail (the stock corporate email app works fine with Gmail for me) , or try one of the free email clients in the market (such as Improved Email) just to see if you can at least sync Gmail with those. Also, do you have the Gmail problem when you're syncing via wifi as well as over 3G?

Good luck.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Addiction_Ink

Reaction score
I wish I could help you there, but I don't actually use the Gmail app (although it does sync ok on my phone). try one of the free email clients in the market (such as Improved Email) just to see if you can at least sync Gmail with those. Also, do you have the Gmail problem when you're syncing via wifi as well as over 3G?

Sorry I didn't explain this very well, sometimes I get a head of myself. I am not using the Gmail App when I get this error its after flashing this ROM, I pressed the menu button, settings, accounts and sync. Then I pressed the Add account button and entered my email address and password. The next screen showed Domain/username, server, ect.. After clicking next I get the error: "Server could not finish", "Unable to open connection to sever" I clicked back and entered the server settings from google's (pop.google.com, ect...) And I still get: "Server could not finish", "Unable to open connection to sever"

I assumed this was because I had the wrong settings. Do I not need to sync my phone this way for Gapps to work and sync?

Thank you for your help.

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score
...I pressed the menu button, settings, accounts and sync. Then I pressed the Add account button and entered my email address and password. The next screen showed Domain/username, server, ect.. After clicking next I get the error: "Server could not finish", "Unable to open connection to sever" I clicked back and entered the server settings from google's (pop.google.com, ect...) And I still get: "Server could not finish", "Unable to open connection to sever"

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but have you flashed the gapps zip file BEFORE trying to add your Google account in settings? After you have flashed the ROM itself, and boot into it the first time, you then have to reboot into recovery AGAIN and flash the gapps zip file and reboot again (you might be able to flash the ROM and the gapps file without rebooting from recovery in between, but I like to flash the ROM, reboot to make sure it starts, reboot into recovery, flash gapps, and reboot one more time). After doing this, you should be able to add your Google account info using the steps you outlined above.

Addiction_Ink

Reaction score
You are 100% correct, I am up and running. This is the best ROM yet!

This step should be added to the front page...

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score
You are 100% correct, I am up and running. This is the best ROM yet!

This step should be added to the front page...

Excellent! Glad you have been able to get it going. I'm very impressed with this ROM. Enjoy!

EDIT: BTW, having to follow this process to install gapps (or installing them via ROM Manager) is typical of ROMs such as CM7 and MIUI, so it may have been assumed that someone loading this ROM would be familiar with that. The original post does warn that gapps must be installed via ROM Manager but, admittedly, it does not specify HOW to do that.

Last edited:

Florida_Bwoi

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I can flash the dx monster updater .340 zip (either the sbf or the one currently in tbh app) from this rom to get back to .340 without having to plug my phone up to the computer? I don't know when I'll have access to a computer next. Thanks in advance...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Top_Droid

Reaction score
I just flashed this ROM and got most of my stuff restored. But for some reason it's not letting me download any new apps from the market? Anyone else have this problem, or know of a fix? All help would be appreciated...I've tried via 3G and WiFi, it says it's starting download and doesn't get passed that?

Top_Droid

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the reason it is doing that is because that is a gallery from foyo. I am looking into another alternitive gallery. Anything other than 3dgallery. Do you know of any?

I always install and use "QuickPic" Its super fast and awesome!!

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score
I always install and use "QuickPic" Its super fast and awesome!!

One thing I've come to like about the 3D gallery is the ability to access my Picasa albums. I tried QuickPic briefly but I didn't see that it had that capability - did I miss it? Anyone know of other gallery apps that can show local as well as Picasa photos?

tslovejoy1969

Reaction score
I just flashed this ROM and got most of my stuff restored. But for some reason it's not letting me download any new apps from the market? Anyone else have this problem, or know of a fix? All help would be appreciated...I've tried via 3G and WiFi, it says it's starting download and doesn't get passed that?

That's odd. Can you download ANYTHING at all (such as a file from a web site), or are all of the downloads hanging? Also, can you successfully install apps onto your phone from the web-based android market?