[ROM] [ROM][UPDATE][1/26/2012]Blue Lightning aka Lightning 5.0.1

Reaction score
Sorry my fault for not reading the whole post, screens look awesome, when they getting uploaded? I've been waiting for a theme like this

It's ok...its a little long...I am uploading the lite version now and just got done making the full version, which will be uploaded after my slow internet finishes up with the lite version.

Hey, I have a web server and can probably give you your own FTP upload credentials if you want to skip Rapidshare, etc.

I just downloaded the LightningRom3-1 and think I will flash it tonight... this will be my first ROM ever loaded!

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry my fault for not reading the whole post, screens look awesome, when they getting uploaded? I've been waiting for a theme like this

It's ok...its a little long...I am uploading the lite version now and just got done making the full version, which will be uploaded after my slow internet finishes up with the lite version.

Hey, I have a web server and can probably give you your own FTP upload credentials if you want to skip Rapidshare, etc.

I just downloaded the LightningRom3-1 and think I will flash it tonight... this will be my first ROM ever loaded!

Sweet man,. Lemme know how you like it! I would love to be able to skip the multiupload bull crap if I could.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sweet man,. Lemme know how you like it! I would love to be able to skip the multiupload bull crap if I could.

So far, this is a really slick and great looking ROM.

My only issue is that I don't see the HTC Widgets (Weather/Flip Clock, WiFi-BT-GPS toggles, Brightness toggle, etc) available. Were they included on the ROM, or removed? (and if removed, did you save a copy of them that I can grab...)

EDIT: I see the connection toggles are now on the Status Bar down-swipe, my bad. I did a "MyBackup Pro" restore of data and it tried to load my original flip clock/weather widget, which failed for some reason. After a reboot, all the HTC widgets reappeared.

I will try to setup a FTP username for my Domain and will PM you the details if I can get it figured out... it's been a while since I managed FTP permissions :D

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score
downloading now...will give this a shot :)

Cool man, let me know how you like it.

Love it so far! Love the red theme, and the status bar icons are very awesome indeed! Now I just need some red LP text-style dock icons to match...and a red & black wallpaper to also match, lol...
Very speedy rom indeed! Market auto-restore went perfectly (thankyou for NOT removing that-it would have been a deal breaker indeed)... Won't get an acvurate battery life test until tomorrow, but lookin good as of now....I replaced GTalk with a Black one... And installed a Black & Transparent Pandora as well as Black FaceBook too... Thanks man, you do good work, and I see you actually care what your users think, so that's got my attention ;)

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Reaction score
Found an issue (though admittedly a small one)...when in market, leaving rating comments on apps...the text & background are both white... :p

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Found an issue (though admittedly a small one)...when in market, leaving rating comments on apps...the text & background are both white... :p

Dude...that looks pretty sweet! And I will get in and fix that error...

Reaction score
Love this ROM so far. Seems to be a bit of an improvement on the battery and silky smooth.

Two things that I have minor gripes with: 1) Going into the email application, it's kinda difficult to tell what is a read message and what is unread. I often have to look very closely to tell. 2) Battery meter: not sure if it is working properly. Battery Left widget shows 48%, ROM meter (in status bar) shows 61%. Going into the Settings>About>Battery shows ~60% battery. I have a feeling my battery left widget is messed up, I will know more once I create a new profile and test it out at work tomorrow.

I would love to see someone make a ROM where the phone Mics are not muted with a cable plugged in, but I have a workaround until someone does.

Reaction score
PS- A suggestion to include SWYPE on the full ROM would be cool. The most stable and best working version is found HERE.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Love this ROM so far. Seems to be a bit of an improvement on the battery and silky smooth.

Two things that I have minor gripes with: 1) Going into the email application, it's kinda difficult to tell what is a read message and what is unread. I often have to look very closely to tell. 2) Battery meter: not sure if it is working properly. Battery Left widget shows 48%, ROM meter (in status bar) shows 61%. Going into the Settings>About>Battery shows ~60% battery. I have a feeling my battery left widget is messed up, I will know more once I create a new profile and test it out at work tomorrow.

I would love to see someone make a ROM where the phone Mics are not muted with a cable plugged in, but I have a workaround until someone does.

I'm willing to guess that is the widget...I gave read of that widget having issues with accuracy... Have you tried BatteryLife? I've used it on D1, DX, Vibrant, NC, Fascinate (my Brother's, lol), D2, and now on ThunderBolt...never had an issue...and, btw, it matches the battery icon % too, so I don't believe that is an issue with the battery icon...

Hope that helps :)

w0lfinator

Reaction score
Are you able to push the Lockscreen.apk via Terminal Emulator? Or does it have to be done via adb?

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Are you able to push the Lockscreen.apk via Terminal Emulator? Or does it have to be done via adb?

gimme a minute....i will just make an update.zip to eliminate the need to push it at all...

EDIT: its attached to this post. Enjoy

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Awesome rom. Haven't had any issues other than the com.htc.bgp but that's probably due to me removing all the weather crap.

Found one color issue - The GPS icon when in use goes from red to white to green.