[ROM] [ROM][UPDATE][1/26/2012]Blue Lightning aka Lightning 5.0.1

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
As soon as I said something, my.phone started to lag...flashed adrynalynes 2.0 kernel and it is so.smooth. I will put this back in and the reason I put the HTC screen back in was to have music.controls on there. You can just rename htclockscreen.apk to pull it if and when you flash 3.2.

Hmm... maybe I will flash 3.2 back on, then flash adrynalyne's 2.0 then rename the apk. (With the unlock screen, to get back to the 3.1 unlock, do I just have to rename the htclockscreen.apk, and if so, where is the file located?)

EDIT: BTW, which of the three kernels from Adrynalyne did you use? (A, B or C) and also, did you flash the latest 4.4 (or whatever the latest non-beta version is)?

yea to get the stock android lockscreen, just use root explorer/astro to navigate to system/app and change it to HTCLockscreen.apk.old...

The kernel is the one in Rom Manager under Mr. Bobawitz....adrynalyne 2.0.

Reaction score
yea to get the stock android lockscreen, just use root explorer/astro to navigate to system/app and change it to HTCLockscreen.apk.old...

The kernel is the one in Rom Manager under Mr. Bobawitz....adrynalyne 2.0.

I took the plunge just before leaving work... backed up my ROM and flashed your 3.2 ROM. Then went in and renamed the HTC Lock, then rebooted and flashed Adrynalyne's 4.3a Kernel on my phone. Everything is running great so far and Battery Left tells me that the full life on the std. battery connected to WiFi is over 25 hours! (Have a SetCPU screen off Profile which helps.)

The one minor issue that I did see was that my Location settings didn't seem to work... (Foursquare couldn't locate me, etc.) I turned GPS standalone on for my drive home and it took a few minutes for it to kick in and locate me properly. Things seem to be stable now though.

karnage

Reaction score
So do I need to flash the radio to my lr3.2 before flashing 3.3?
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wisdroid

Reaction score
Question: I downloaded the radio file and knew I was supposed to flash it first but had a brainfart and flashed the rom before the radio. Have I opened Pandora's box here or do I still have a chance??

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Question: I downloaded the radio file and knew I was supposed to flash it first but had a brainfart and flashed the rom before the radio. Have I opened Pandora's box here or do I still have a chance??
Actually, hell is going to be unleashed on earth and its all your fault lol :)

Just flash the radio now, I am pretty sure you will be fine...there may be some bugs working on the latest fw with an "outdated" radio. But I would definitely flash the radio asap...

Last edited:
OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So do I need to flash the radio to my lr3.2 before flashing 3.3?

Yea...flash the radio then do a full wipe and flash the latest rom...

Reaction score
What's the radio do? (I only ask as I had some GPS signal/radio issues with 3.2.)

Also, did I read correctly that we need to wipe even if we are coming from 3.2?

Finally, did I miss it, or what kernel is 3.3 running?

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Radio fixes switching between 4G/3g/wifi and makes god better.
May not need to wipe but I.suggest it.
Kernel: BAMF 4.4.2

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Radio fixes switching between 4G/3g/wifi and makes god better.
May not need to wipe but I.suggest it.
Kernel: BAMF 4.4.2

So GOD is better? You going to tell the Pope how you did that? ;)

I didn't wipe and so far so good. (EDIT: Battery Left is again force closing, tried uninstall/reinstall, wiped cache, still having troubles.)

I will test out my GPS tonight on the drive home and let you know. 3.2 would eventually get working, but it took at least a minute for the GPS icon to stop flashing and locate me properly on Google Maps.

I noticed you say there is a custom Boot Animation, but my 3.3 booted with the stock boot... was that a typo? (I am going to put my custom animation/sound back on anyway... just wanted to let you know.)

Last edited:

heydockyle

Reaction score
My 3.2 had the custom boot. 3.3 doesn't.

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

To get the custom boot animation back, reflash RedGreyTheme.zip

Reaction score
After continued issues with Battery Left (I guess it doesn't like ROM flashes with no data wipe, lol) and then today there was a Touchdown DB error, I decided to re-flash 3.3 this time wiping Data and Cache. I suspect things will be fine after the restore.

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That has to be it...I forgot you didn't wipe your Rom first... My guess is that you would only have to wipe your cache...but better do a full wipe to be safe.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Hmm... did that and got no sound with the animation (ringer volume on full blast).

That has to be it...I forgot you didn't wipe your Rom first... My guess is that you would only have to wipe your cache...but better do a full wipe to be safe.

Still had issues even after re-flashing 3.3, Wiping all data & cache, then restoring my apps from backup. I ended up completely uninstalling the app, rebooting, then installing from scratch. Unfortunately, I don't have my previous profiles to look at and compare the battery life, but I can at least get it to stop force-closing on me.

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Hmm... did that and got no sound with the animation (ringer volume on full blast).

Still had issues even after re-flashing 3.3, Wiping all data & cache, then restoring my apps from backup. I ended up completely uninstalling the app, rebooting, then installing from scratch. Unfortunately, I don't have my previous profiles to look at and compare the battery life, but I can at least get it to stop force-closing on me.

Since you redownloaded the app, can't you just restore data only from titanium backup to restore your saved profiles?