[ROM] VZW_2.4.5 - Stars Wars, No Star Wars, Clean & Super Clean

C3P0 fix

First off, muchas gracias to angdroid/motaboy for all the hard work, this ROM is really great. I am running the Clean version FYI.

I still see C3P0 when calling contacts with no pics. I've done 2 factory resets via Android (MENU-SETTINGS-PRIVACY-FACTORY RESET).

I installed the C3P0 hotfix by using the Bootstrap and "Update.zip" method. Renamed the patches to update.zip, placed in root of SD card and booted into Clockwork Recovery. Is this considered the best way to install hotfixes? Or should I have just extracted the APKS and moved them to /system?

First off, muchas gracias to angdroid/motaboy for all the hard work, this ROM is really great. I am running the Clean version FYI.

I still see C3P0 when calling contacts with no pics. I've done 2 factory resets via Android (MENU-SETTINGS-PRIVACY-FACTORY RESET).

I installed the C3P0 hotfix by using the Bootstrap and "Update.zip" method. Renamed the patches to update.zip, placed in root of SD card and booted into Clockwork Recovery. Is this considered the best way to install hotfixes? Or should I have just extracted the APKS and moved them to /system?

When installing the C3PO fix, just download the zip folder to the root of your sdcard, DO NOT change the name of it. Then in the in CW recovery, instead of using the "update.zip" method, use install zip from sdcard. Then find the zip file and install.

Then reboot.

You should be good to go after that! :)

thanks for the help, but man I can't seem to kill C3P0! I love this rom but this is driving me nuts!

I tried it your way kaiser (choose .zip from sdcard)but I am still seeing him when I text message my contacts... when installing the zips, should i be doing the mount /system, data/cache wipes as if I am installing a full ROM?

I think i may try the superclean ROM and see if that makes him disappear.

another question

thanks for the help, but man I can't seem to kill C3P0! I love this rom but this is driving me nuts!

I tried it your way kaiser (choose .zip from sdcard)but I am still seeing him when I text message my contacts... when installing the zips, should i be doing the mount /system, data/cache wipes as if I am installing a full ROM?

another question

Okay since that did not work. I would, through CW recovery, re-install the ROM as if you were doing it for the first time. Make sure to follow the instructions in the OP. Then right before you reboot your phone, flash the C3PO fix, then reboot.

another question

Also, the only time you need to mount /system is when you are installing a ROM, not a fix over a ROM.

thanks, I will give that a shot!

Great! Let me know how it goes. dancedroid
I ended up using another ROM:

Green ROMs V1 - VZW_2.4.5 Base

I used the superclean version. This removed most (if not all) of the motoblur and, more importantly, C3P0 is nowhere to be found!

Thanks again for the help.

Well it sounds like you are happy! I am a HUGE star wars fan so I have all the star wars stuff on my phone...even the bootup sequence and sound.

I do have the motoblur on there but might take it off. Anyways, glad you got to remove the C3PO. :)

Well it sounds like you are happy! I am a HUGE star wars fan so I have all the star wars stuff on my phone...even the bootup sequence and sound.

Where do you put the sound file to add to the bootup animation? Same directory?

Where do you put the sound file to add to the bootup animation? Same directory?
Yeah, both the bootanimation.zip and the ogg sound file will need to be in the system/media/ folder.

Make sure the permission on both are rw-r--r--

Then reboot and enjoy!

Back