Roms

lloydsw

Somewhere, somehow, I'm under the impression that none of the newer roms -ie within the last none months or so - are loadable with Safestrap.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Yea support for SS basically died when the bootloader unlock became available. You may still be able to download some on xda or rzr but they will be outdated.

Sent from my Eclipsed Moto X DE

lloydsw

Yea support for SS basically died when the bootloader unlock became available. You may still be able to download some on xda or rzr but they will be outdated.

There's a bootloader unlock? I was under the impression that if yo didn't unlock the bootloader prior to the last update, you were hosed. That's the sense I get from perusing xda...

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Yea you're correct. If my post wasn't clear I was referring to SS Roms... If you haven't unlocked you can not unlock but some old SS roms still exist. Most will be 4.1.2 and outdated.

lloydsw

Yea you're correct. If my post wasn't clear I was referring to SS Roms... If you haven't unlocked you can not unlock but some old SS roms still exist. Most will be 4.1.2 and outdated.

Yeah, if I recall that's why I ended up ditching SS, no point in going back to old ROMs.

Locke081

Wait, so (I'm new) (to Motorola, so links wouldn't hurt either!) I just got Razr HD w/ factory OS 4.06.25 android — I'm good, right? As long as I don't accept the OTAs when I turn the da**ed thing on (gotta get the SIM card first), I can unlock it. Right? (Be nice: I'm WAY NEW to motorolas :hail: