Root after 98.30.1

Scimino

I was able to keep root by using voodoo ota root keeper. First install the app prior to updating. Make sure all the boxes are checked. Then temp unroot, install update, reboot phone, open voodoo ota again and select restore root.

I was able to keep root by using voodoo ota root keeper. First install the app prior to updating. Make sure all the boxes are checked. Then temp unroot, install update, reboot phone, open voodoo ota again and select restore root.

You miss understood me. I meant that before the update I did not root. But after the update I decided to root my phone. When I Google search this I only get results about rooting older versions of the firmware. I posted a thread about this. No one has responded. I am not sure if Motochopper works with 98.18.94.

Scimino

Sorry to say but for now you can't root with the new firmware. If you have a unlocked boot loader you may be able to go back to the previous version. Technicality a phone with a unlocked boot loader should be able to change firmware but I wouldn't hold your breath. If your boot loader isn't unlocked I definitely would not attempt it. You could brick. Let me know it there is anything I can do to help. In my Google drive I have all the necessary files to root, unlock bootloader, and I have the previous XML file you need to downgrade. I would double check to confirm my idea. I could be wrong. My bootloader is unlocked so out of all the attempts of me using rsd lite to upgrade/downgrade I was always able to fix my soft bricked xt907.

I have all stock roms for this phone. Here is the link for them. http://sbf.droid-developers.org/scorpion_mini_xt907/list.php I was reading an article online that if your bootloader is locked you can only flash Motorola official firmware. I was reading how to downgrade back to ICS without rooting. In theory you can fastboot the ICS rom to the phone and then root the phone. Maybe I should just wait until the Kit Kat update. My phone is not a spare phone for me. It is my main device for everyday use. Its not worth it risking a phone that I need for everyday use. I have replaced my computer with my phone because of its dual core processor.

Sorry to say but for now you can't root with the new firmware. If you have a unlocked boot loader you may be able to go back to the previous version. Technicality a phone with a unlocked boot loader should be able to change firmware but I wouldn't hold your breath. If your boot loader isn't unlocked I definitely would not attempt it. You could brick. Let me know it there is anything I can do to help. In my Google drive I have all the necessary files to root, unlock bootloader, and I have the previous XML file you need to downgrade. I would double check to confirm my idea. I could be wrong. My bootloader is unlocked so out of all the attempts of me using rsd lite to upgrade/downgrade I was always able to fix my soft bricked xt907.

I have all stock roms for this phone. Here is the link for them. http://sbf.droid-developers.org/scorpion_mini_xt907/list.php I was reading an article online that if your bootloader is locked you can only flash Motorola official firmware. I was reading how to downgrade back to ICS without rooting. In theory you can fastboot the ICS rom to the phone and then root the phone. Maybe I should just wait until the Kit Kat update. My phone is not a spare phone for me. It is my main device for everyday use. Its not worth it risking a phone that I need for everyday use. I have replaced my computer with my phone because of its dual core processor.

Scimino

Did you mean that if your bootloader is UN locked you can only flash moto software. Cause that would be true in both cases unlocked or locked. Of your not unlocked maybe you could go back to ICS, blow the Qfuse to unlock the bootloader, root, and finally update but save root and temp unroot with voodoo ota. Like you said though its your daily phone. Maybe just confirm you can go back before trying it?

Did you mean that if your bootloader is UN locked you can only flash moto software. Cause that would be true in both cases unlocked or locked. Of your not unlocked maybe you could go back to ICS, blow the Qfuse to unlock the bootloader, root, and finally update but save root and temp unroot with voodoo ota. Like you said though its your daily phone. Maybe just confirm you can go back before trying it?

Correct. Search on Google how to downgrade Droid Razr M back to ICS. However, my phone shipped with Jellybean. Version 98.12.4. I don't know if that will cause problems. I remember when I had my old Razr V3M It shipped with a newer Verizon firmware and had success downgrading it. I was flashing different shx files to it. Not just the Verizon firmware. I wanted to mess with my phone so I flashed it to many carriers using shx files. I still have a collection of these files. By the way, I currently have 98.18.94 on my Droid Razr M. The only downside to downgrading the phone is having to back up everything so you won't lose your data.