Root Droid Bionic XT875

Tigertim

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good, (hopefully easy), way to root my Verizon Bionic XT875 running 2.3.4, build 5.5.1-84. This is my first smartphone root, as all I am familiar with was my Samsung Tab2, and an antiquated Toshiba Thrive, (junk). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would like to get up to the newest build this phone can handle. My Tab2 is running latest build now.
This is my first time using a forum...if you couldn't tell! :icon_ devil:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard! I haven't followed the Bionic stuff lately - but there is probably a way in our Bionic sub-section...good luck!

OP
Tigertim

Tigertim

Reaction score
Thanks SF looking forward to learning some new tricks!

OP
Tigertim

Tigertim

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome, I know I'm late on the Bionic thing, I got a great deal on it as a second phone. It seems that all the downlodes to help me are so old that they are removed. I guess I will keep digging.

OP
Tigertim

Tigertim

Reaction score
Thanks

Thank you, I will give it a shot & let you know how it works out.

OP
Tigertim

Tigertim

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I haven't followed the Bionic stuff lately - but there is probably a way in our Bionic sub-section...good luck!
"Wine is fine and whiskey is quicker...but you can fly on vodka".

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
OP
Tigertim

Tigertim

Reaction score
For some reason that link cannot be connected to by Chrome.

OP
Tigertim

Tigertim

Reaction score
Here we go

Thanks again, I'm getting all the things you put together for me and ready to root!:biggrin: I will let you know how it works out.

TT

OP
Tigertim

Tigertim

Reaction score
??

I could not run Linux Minimal because it could not find my network interface. I have absolutely 0 Linux experience and am also a little leery of changing my network settings as I have it working flawlessly after just changing out my modem and wireless. So I'm still looking....Thanks for the help anyway and I will try to find a solution.:icon_eek:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I could not run Linux Minimal because it could not find my network interface. I have absolutely 0 Linux experience and am also a little leery of changing my network settings as I have it working flawlessly after just changing out my modem and wireless. So I'm still looking....Thanks for the help anyway and I will try to find a solution.:icon_eek:

You run it in virtual box. Change the setting in there. The directions are very specific on what to do.

OP
Tigertim

Tigertim

Reaction score
Stupid question, do I want to let it, "capture" my keyboard & mouse?

OP
Tigertim

Tigertim

Reaction score
Stupid question, do I want to let it, "capture" my keyboard & mouse? I see that I have to read more, trying to get the phone to add storage...