Root V2 w/recovory

Paulb787

Reaction score
I am curious who has tried this and if there are any negatives on doing this? are we still having to downgrade firmware. i am new to adb and was hoping for some help. i am researching right now?

funkyb

Reaction score
I am curious who has tried this and if there are any negatives on doing this? are we still having to downgrade firmware. i am new to adb and was hoping for some help. i am researching right now?

I'm in the same boat...experienced Linux user but new to android. O think the latest root uses the current firmware version.

So once u root and flash recovery, is it possible to go back to stock if needed for some reason?

- Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts of Android

OP
P

Paulb787

Reaction score
Where do we put these files? actually in the platform-tools folder? i am asuming push means to transfer to ur device.

Now, you will need to push the misc.img, busybox, and psneuter by using the following below commands:
  • Adb push psneuter /data/local/
  • Adb push busybox/data/local
  • Adb push misc.img/data/local
  • Adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/psneuter
  • Adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox

Reaction score
i ended up making a folder for exploits. copy the directory name for example C:\Users\steven\Desktop\exploits and on adb type cd then paste your directory. so mine looked like this
cd C:\Users\steven\Desktop\exploits
or you can unzip the files to your adb folder but i couldnt get that to work

banderbe

Reaction score
You flash the latest firmware at the end. Did this last night and loving it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
P

Paulb787

Reaction score
on step 4 doing good.. stand by tho thanks 4 the help

OP
P

Paulb787

Reaction score
how do i paste the pg.zip file on my sd card? i do not see it in windows explorer

Parafly9

Reaction score
I rooted today. took me about 3 hours front to back, but I probably wasted at least an hour and a half by speeding throught eh directions and having to go back when it didn't work right (I flashed the wrong image during Step #4) but it ended up working out and I am rooted & loving it!

PikaCane

Reaction score
Utterly stupid question but might as well ask LOL. Coming from a rooted D1, and used to SPR... How do you flash without having a recovery in place? I know it's probably obvious when you're in process, but I would rather be sure of myself first.

I've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!

gitku

Reaction score
The files you download are RUU files that can be flashed through stock recovery. Then you push the necessary files through adb... If you have experience with adb the instructions posted are extremely easy to follow ... Took me around 30 to complete due to the length of time the RUU installs took.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

digdug1

Reaction score
The files you download are RUU files that can be flashed through stock recovery. Then you push the necessary files through adb... If you have experience with adb the instructions posted are extremely easy to follow ... Took me around 30 to complete due to the length of time the RUU installs took.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

yea but some of us dont know anything about adb:icon_eek:. if i could get adb on my computer and figure out how to use it the rest looks straight forward.

gitku

Reaction score
If you don't know much about ADB I would do some homework on how to use it. The instructions on how to make your phone work with ADB are the same as many other HTC phones and can be found at

public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

If you have never used ADB before you use it from the command prompt (I assume you are using Windows?)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/6865-how-use-adb-all-commands-options.html

Check that out for some support on how to use ADB.

Make sure you are comfortable using ADB before attempting root or wait until someone releases a one-click method.. I would hate for you to end up with a $600 paperweight. :icon_eek:

msburr87

Reaction score
For some reason I cannot get adb to recognize my device. I've never had this problem with my droid, I used the link above and nothing, sdk drivers and nothing, the standard stock driver and nothing.