rooted

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Is that rom not available anymore? If it is still available, I'd use a pc & 7zip to pull it, place it on the phone then place it in /system/app with a file explorer. As long as it was still compatible

Tapped from a Nexus

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Well in on jb that's why. Not gonna put a ROM on my phone intended for ICS.. you know?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Makes sense. If you have a computer & want to try it, get this, http://www.7-zip.org, & the rom on your computer. Open the rom with 7zip & go to /system/app. Find the mms.apk, put it on your computer then place it on your phone. Then move it to /system/app with a file explorer, set permissions & reboot.

Tapped from a Nexus

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Wanna add this; if your rom isn't de-odexed, stock roms aren't, you may need to move the mms.odex file too. It'll be in the same place, /system/app.

Tapped from a Nexus

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Same way you'd move the mms.apk

Tapped from a Nexus

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Yep. But you'll know when you open the system/app folder with a file explorer. There will be other odex files there

Tapped from a Nexus

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
You can try without adding the 1st. But I was thinking that if they went together in one rom, they may need to be together in the other. But as always, have a good backup handy.

Tapped from a Nexus