Rooting with new JB update?

greyghost04

Reaction score
SUCCESS!!! Finally got it to root. The key was a complete internal Factory Reset. When it asks if you want to wipe internal music and pics, check yes. The root went through without my having to do the Smartactions manually. It just went from beginning to end and was rooted. So to everybody who were getting the ,can't find su, you must wipe. Backup everything first. Finally !!! dancedroid:icon_ banana:

cfitzh2o

Reaction score
I did do the SQLite update but record 66 was not there to be modified. It went from record 64 to 67. Perhaps I am missing something.
Thanks
Cfitzh2o

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Mine was on line 70 something...just find it by the name.... it works great for me

cfitzh2o

Reaction score
I was able to find a record 150 which had entitlement_check. It had a value of 1. Is this the guy I am looking for?

cfitzh2o

Reaction score
I did check the video and it was described "entitlements" only. I decided to take a chance and modify the record to a "0". It worked. So in my phone the record is called "entitlement_check". Thanks for the help!
Chuck

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
help

i just tried the root and it was only three button clicks, first to start which took me all the way to smart actions and i did what it said then another to take me to where it said completed and the third to close out....and btw the entire section above smart actions and above complete were all fail. and root checker says that i am not rooted, idk what to do

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Shouldn't have to (at least I didn't). The utility didn't work the first time for me but it did on the second run.

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Shouldn't have to (at least I didn't). The utility didn't work the first time for me but it did on the second run.
i just figured out how to transmit internet to my tablet and computer without the root so i will be holding off for now. To transmit to my tablet all i needed to do was download the pdanet tablet app for the tablet and use the Bluetooth connection, and for computer i can just use usb tether...Thank for the quick responses to my questions.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Yea I did that in the beginning. Just was a PITA to turn it on my tablet, then turn it on in my phone...then connect the two. Either way works but it appears the WiFi hotspot method gives faster internet speed vs. the bluetooth.

Good update!

chevybob20

Reaction score
Yep. Razr_Blade Root from Dan Rosenberg (RootMaster), is the bomb. It roots both the leaked and the new OTA versions of the RAZR Jelly Bean.

Here is a link to the Root Exploit Release and Discussion thread.

Here's the link to the actual root files:
Windows: http://vulnfactory.o.../razr_blade.zip
Linux: http://batakang.com/...blade_linux.zip
Mac: http://batakang.com/...r_blade_mac.zip

Instructions:

Windows-
-Download the zip file and extract.
-Connect device via USB (Make sure you have the current Moto drivers FIRST!)
-Make sure USB Debug is on
-Make sure you have Smart Actions fully installed, unfrozen and unmodified
-Make sure the phone IS NOT in mass storage mode
-Double click run.bat
-Follow the screen prompts
-Don't quit until instructed to do so

Linux/Mac-
-Extract .zip
-Open terminal and cd into the folder
-Run:

chmod +x razr_blade.sh
bash razr_blade.sh

To donate to Dan Rosenberg directly, click here:

Again, huge thanks to Dan for his diligent work!

Thank you very much FoxKat and a thanks goes out to Dan Rosenberg . Donation sent.