[Rumor] Motorola DROID X2 Getting a Phantom Firmware OTA 1.3.418

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
motorola-droid-x2-phantom-update.jpg

This is an interesting bit of info. Apparently, there are some users out there that have received an OTA update on their Droid X2, including one user that received a replacement Droid X2 with the update pre-installed. The version is 1.3.418. Motorola had previously announced a soak test for the device, and that it would be coming soon. Oddly, there has been no indication that this is that update. In fact, Verizon’s support document still says that the update is "coming soon." Sound off in the thread if you are one of the folks that have received this. Everyone else... feel free to share your theory as to the origins of this phantom update.

Source: Phandroid

SteveB23

I just got notified that my update has been downloaded and is ready to install. I received an email earlier in the day that it would be arriving this afternoon.

I signed up for the soak test several weeks ago, so I have to assume this is it. They said at the time that it was not ICS (rats!), just some random updates. We'll see.

Steve

lostinsc

Replacement phone

I got my replacement last Friday. It came with the new update. So far it is working fine. The keyboard is still a little slow but it has not froze up, yet. This phone might turn out to be ok. I will keep you posted if something changes.

menozcm

please dont ask for members of the soak test to break the confidentiality agreement that they all agreed to to be included in the test unless you want another droid-life razr ics hoax