Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
f7482f877d1d2c87acc0495f99d4a0df.jpg

Ice Universe believes “we should expect” the Galaxy Note 9 to feature an in-screen fingerprint reader, after Samsung overcame manufacturing difficulties. This would make the Galaxy Note 9 the world’s first smartphone to integrate this tech and deliver a significant differentiator against Apple’s polarising Face ID-only approach moving forward.

Secondly, Ice Universe believes Samsung is going to go big on the Galaxy Note 9 battery. How big? A massive 3850 mAh. That’s 20% larger than the 3300 mAh battery inside the Galaxy Note 8 and the largest Samsung has fitted into any mass-market smartphone.

Source

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The bigger battery would be nice. Not enough to make me upgrade yet. The in glass fingerprint scanner means nothing to me. I don't mind it on the back at all...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Seriously though, Samsung really needs to worry about optimizing their phones for good battery life. Yes, a bigger battery will give more juice, but it's embarrassing how much faster my 3500mah battery drains on my S8+ versus the 2800mah battery in my old LG G5.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I thought a different manufacturer already has an in screen fingerprint reader.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Make the darn screens flat. Other than the Dome, all glass screen protectors are worthless on curved screens. First time I've gone naked on the front. We'll see how this Note 8 holds up.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
There are a few on screen fingerprint phones already just not sure how accurate yet but it's coming...

Pixel 2 XL

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I feel outdated... I just started using the finger print scanner on my Note 8 a couple weeks ago.... Haven't even tried the Iris scanner or whatever it is... Heck I even just started using Google assistant and Bixby.....

I wish Samsung would start allowing us to setup up S Pen shortcuts like on the Note 2.. I always liked the press the button and double tap for screen write...I know air command is kind of easy but I liked the shortcuts..

I do like the thought of the "dual" speakers for sound... I listen to a lot of music via the speaker on the phone and that would be great to actually be able to hear it from all angles and not have to have it at full volume.