Running ubuntu on Droid and am having problems with the keyboard being mapped right.

Globed

Reaction score
Hey I recently got ubuntu running on my Droid incredible, and it works great only issue I have is the keyboard in ubuntu isn't mapped right. So I can't really do anything. Does anyone know a fix or does anyone know how to remapp the keyboard so it matches the android keyboard?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Beemo125

Reaction score
Does your cursor / touchscreen work?

If so, you should be able to access keyboard mapping from System > Preferences > Assistive Technologies; You can manually all the keyvalues one by one.

Send screenshots.
-Beemo

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
Ok I did what you said and was ubuntu successfully and I attached screenshots to this post. The first picture I typed. Asdfghjkl on the keyboard n that's what I got. The second is I went to system >preferences> assisted technologies. Any other ideas?

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
Screenshots are here
:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1302010489854.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1302010489854.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 679
  • uploadfromtaptalk1302010514760.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1302010514760.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 576

dmobley88

Reaction score
Ok I did what you said and was ubuntu successfully and I attached screenshots to this post. The first picture I typed. Asdfghjkl on the keyboard n that's what I got. The second is I went to system >preferences> assisted technologies. Any other ideas?

I have the huawei fusion 2. I installed Complete linux installer. After doing that, installed busy box, downloaded, and unzipped the ubuntu 12 file to "/mnt/sdcard/ubuntu". after doing that, I had installed android VNC. once installed, I had to enable one of the check boxes "local mouse pointer" or something to that effect. once done, I launched android vnc, and used the connections "localhost" port "5900" and password "ubuntu". once done, the keyboard mapping works perfectly!!!!! NOTE: Read what's in the terminal emulator before connecting via android vnc. that's all I had to do to get the keyboard mapping working correctly. hope this helps.