S-off but no root.

yz85608

Reaction score
Like the title states I have S-off but no root. I believe the issues is SU is not in system/bin. How do I move superuser to the location.

crawforj

Reaction score
So what got I get by having S-off and flashing listed file through recovery?

Would I be able to un install all the verizion installed apps?

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
yep

Sent from my BAMF'd Thunderbolt

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Tool in my sig to fix it

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

walker77

Reaction score
I just went back through and turned S-on and tried to re root it. And i keep getting a red triangle with a ! in the middle of it.

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just went back through and turned S-on and tried to re root it. And i keep getting a red triangle with a ! in the middle of it.

at what point?

walker77

Reaction score
after i copy and paste my key and press enter on the tool, then once i go in to recovery on the phone like the pop up says, that is when the red triangle pops up

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
after i copy and paste my key and press enter on the tool, then once i go in to recovery on the phone like the pop up says, that is when the red triangle pops up

Use s-off but no root in the extras menu

walker77

Reaction score
It gets to Flashing CWM... Please wait... It reboots into fastboot. It never gives me the option to click yes. If i manually click recovery a little phone with a red triangle with a ! in the middle of it comes up.

I need to get something figured out so i can get this running for school. Wifi coverage sucks there. And at this point, this phone is so messed up, i cant even use titanium to restore everything.

And i cant depend on my new Motorola Razr Maxx. It keeps on dropping data. It just started doing this about 2 weeks ago. Verizon just keeps sending me out new phones and they are all doing the same thing. After looking around on here, it looks like its becoming a common problem with the Motorola Razr's. So far, i havent noticed data dropping off any today with the thunderbolt. So i need to just get it rooted again and go back to using it until Verizon decides to do something about this problem.

Please help, im desperate!