Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery issues

cstahler92

Reaction score
Alright so lately I've been having low battery life and I have to charge at least once a day before sleep.
I have Juice Defender on (although Idk if it works with my phone not being rooted) it is at 1.37x
I have Advanced Task Killer which auto kills ever 30 minutes (Excluding Juice Defender)
I have the standard battery.
I am constantly sweeping my apps as well.
So I am having trouble figuring out why my battery life is crap. Any suggestions/tips?

Mike8016

Reaction score
Remove the task killer. That drains your battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

cstahler92

Reaction score
Remove the task killer. That drains your battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

alright. I uninstalled it with 100% Battery Life so if I'll see if it worked. Also I always see unnecessary apps up. I use Go GO Launcher so I can sweep apps on that, but I always see random games up that I haven't played for at least a day. I always close them properly so idk.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Task killers have always been misused. Don't use em. As for go launcher, its a home replacement so its constantly running.

Your problem might be that your battery meter isn't properly set..

What I want you to do. The next time your battery is charged completely. Run your phone until it get at least to 5% but try to run it down completely. Then charge it while the phone is off until it is already up to 100%.

Then do it once more and that should reset your meter.

Also may I ask, are you rooted?

OP
C

cstahler92

Reaction score
Task killers have always been misused. Don't use em. As for go launcher, its a home replacement so its constantly running.

Your problem might be that your battery meter isn't properly set..

What I want you to do. The next time your battery is charged completely. Run your phone until it get at least to 5% but try to run it down completely. Then charge it while the phone is off until it is already up to 100%.

Then do it once more and that should reset your meter.

Also may I ask, are you rooted?

I'll do that this time because when I woke up it was fully charged. It also charges pretty fast. Like at lets say 25-30% it takes an hour to 2 hours max. to get to 100%. I am not rooted.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
So ya, run it until its dead then charge it back up while off. Turn on and do it again.

OP
C

cstahler92

Reaction score
So ya, run it until its dead then charge it back up while off. Turn on and do it again.
I have been thinking about rooting it I just don't want to do the back ups and pay money. Right now my battery life is at about 45%-50% and I have played with my phone for maybe an hour at most today.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good. I can help you with it further if you want. Espicially with rooting. You wanna hit me up on gtalk?

OP
C

cstahler92

Reaction score
Good. I can help you with it further if you want. Espicially with rooting. You wanna hit me up on gtalk?

i assume Gtalk is Private Messaging if not thne I'm not sure what it is lol. My battery is at about 205 atm so I'll see if I have any questions after I do what you said at first.

shadowgun

Reaction score
For better battery life put your phone 0ff while charging. Because some applications in android won't let the phone charge fully.

tonyheaney

Reaction score
Hi guys sorry to hijack your tread. Im new to the S3 wanted one for ages and the wife got it for Xmas for me. I have noticed that if i go to bed without charging it then when i wake up the phone will be nearly
dead!!! what?? why im not using it?? weirdly i was watching a 2 hour movie at 100% battery and when the movie was over i was at 70% that was quite good in my books. How everv when i went to sleep the phone was still on with the screen in sleep mode and it used more power in sleep mode then when i watched the movie with bright screen and movie

there seems something to odd here for me to just accept it.

can you guys assist me?

Also what is rooting?