Samsung Officially Confirms Galaxy Note 4 Coming September 3rd to Unpacked Event

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IFA-Samsung-Unpacked-event.jpg

There have been a number of different rumors of the impending announcement of the Galaxy Note 4 from Samsung. These rumors danced around a few different dates, but Samsung decided to eliminate any confusion or doubt on the matter and shared that the Galaxy Note 4 will be unveiled at their Unpacked event on September 3rd. This is two days before IFA, and will occur at 2PM Berlin time.

For the most part Samsung has been fairly tight-lipped regarding any other details about the device. Rumor's suggest a high-end QHD display and either an Exynos (5433) or a Snapdragon (805), depending on the region. There is also speculation that other devices, like a new Galaxy Gear or the Gear VR, could be revealed at this event, but we will reserve judgment on that until the day of.

Sound off if you are excited to see Sammy's latest piece of "phablet" hardware.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I had an HTC M8 until I dropped it in a pool. It was a sad day for my wallet but luckily I have the JUMP program on TMobile. The original one, not the new version, so the insurance place told me that I could go to the store and either get a new phone with the JUMP upgrade or get a refurb M8 from them. I chose the new phone obviously. I now have an LG G3 and I have to say, its a glorious phone.

I now see the release date of the new Note 4 and I go meh. Samsung has lost me as a customer. Their aggressive UI, locked down phones and divergence from what Android is has killed it for me. I am sure it will be a great piece of hardware but the software they put on it kills it for me. Having had the M8 and now the G3, I know what its like to have a wonderful software package that compliments Android instead of replaces it.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought the OG Droid, Thunderdolt, and Note 2, each on the Verizon drop day. I am eagerly awaiting the Note 4 but will not be buying it immediately unless the Verizon variant is rooted and bootloader unlocked prior to release. Otherwise, I'm waiting a little while and may get something else entirely.

I value my phone freedom too much and Samsung has taken several giant steps backwards in this regard in the past year and a half.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had an HTC M8 until I dropped it in a pool. It was a sad day for my wallet but luckily I have the JUMP program on TMobile. The original one, not the new version, so the insurance place told me that I could go to the store and either get a new phone with the JUMP upgrade or get a refurb M8 from them. I chose the new phone obviously. I now have an LG G3 and I have to say, its a glorious phone.

I now see the release date of the new Note 4 and I go meh. Samsung has lost me as a customer. Their aggressive UI, locked down phones and divergence from what Android is has killed it for me. I am sure it will be a great piece of hardware but the software they put on it kills it for me. Having had the M8 and now the G3, I know what its like to have a wonderful software package that compliments Android instead of replaces it.
Between Google bloatware and Samsung bloatware there isn't but so much room for Verizon bloatware anymore and KK locking down usage of the external card, precious memory not being taken up by bloatware has become a concern again.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Tonik

Reaction score
Love my note 2, but as mentioned above sammys lock downs had eliminated the 4 as an option. Having my secretary order a G3 fit me tomorrow when she gets back from vacation.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Between Google bloatware and Samsung bloatware there isn't but so much room for Verizon bloatware anymore and KK locking down usage of the external card, precious memory not being taken up by bloatware has become a concern again.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Google's bloat isn't that bad though. Its far smaller than the majority of bloat. Samsung bloat to me is unbearable. A million utilities to do stuff no one wants. Google is putting their apps for their services so I don't the biggest issue with that. But hey, I root and fixed the SD card permissions issue so my SD card is back to normal.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I look forward to the Note 4. I hear great things of it and love the Note 2. I can't wait for it.