SBF not working for me and want to return to stock...

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
I want to try out the official GB since running custom roms seems to disable a couple of things that I would like to have back and I would really like to see what the GB will improve. Is there anyway to return to stock without SBF or a nandroid back up? Or even just be able to OTA the GB update?

Sent from my B/W Angelic D2G using DroidForums

cobjones

Reaction score
Not really.

Make sure you have the correct .sbf files. They have them for x, d2 r2d2 and d2g (others too i know).

Try rsdlite 4.8 and 4.9.

4.8 has been flawless for me and the d2, but try different ones.

It really is an easy process for beginners.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
No mater what I do it won't recognize my phone. I have aall drivers installed and yet it still won't recognize my phone. I'm on win7.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Rsd 4.9 works perfectly...are you sure your phone is set to pc mode when connected to the computer, and you have usb debugging enabled?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
You need to be on the bootloader screen to sbf. All you do is pull battery, replace it. Push power and volume buttons simultaneously until the bootloader screen comes on. It will skip right past the boot animation. Pm me if you need more help but there are some good directions right in these forums.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Make sure you have at least 80% battery b4 doing an sbf. I would suggest a full charge but that's just me.

Rezael

Reaction score
Be sure to have the right file before attempting to sbf. That is crucial.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Yes I am using 4.9, yes I am in boot loader, yes I have full battery.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Yes I am using 4.9, yes I am in boot loader, yes I have full battery.

Ok. Try pluging phone into the comp. In bootloader mode and wait to see if it tells you anything about the the drivers being installed correctly/incorrectly. The first time I did an sbf I had the same issue even though I downloaded the drivers it had to "reinstall them". Just be patient. I think anyone would agree that the first time is very nerve racking.

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Yeah it updated the drivers then I rbooted my pc then I tried again and it just sits there after the initial beep... nothing. Bootloadr and pc mode. Maybe it isn't meant to be.

snowride20

Reaction score
Did you follow the directions exactly? in the D2G hacks section there is a sticky for SBFing from TBS. They are excellent directions to sbf to .29. I have never had a problem and I am running windows 7.

60lpsdf250

Reaction score
OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Yes I have followed the directions to the letter. As I stated, I simply can't get the computer or rsdl to recognize my device. I beeps when I connect but nothing happens. And as far as this other method is concerned, I se it says linux, I don't use linux, so will that not work for me?

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
To be specific, it is the mtp usb device driver that is failing. I have read several "fixes" for this but it has been a long day and I am catching a coldso I am putting all this off till tomorrow.

arsci

Reaction score
Look into that Linux link. Those instructions show how to boot to an ubuntu live CD. I run ubuntu on my laptop and to SBF from linux is EXTREMELY simple. The hardest part will be downloading and making the CD. Follow those instructions to boot to linux (temporary and does not alter your HDD as long as you follow those directions). Step 9 on that how to takes you to the instructions on SBF'ing from terminal once you are booted to the live CD.