Screen Pattern Lock

brute48

Reaction score
Is there any way to turn this off once it has been enabled? I thought I would try it out and now I cannot figure out how to disable it. Works as advertised! I just don't always need the pattern lock function on.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Do you mean you want to be able to turn it off and on or you just want it off completely?

If you're looking to disable it completely then go into Settings > Security (not sure what the exact terminology is) > Screen lock, then select whatever method you want.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

OP
brute48

brute48

Reaction score
I have tried that to disable the pattern lock.... The option to disable it cannot be selected. I can only choose the pin or password options. It seems like the option to do a normal swipe to unlock can no longer be selected.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hmmm peculiar, not sure why the option would disappear. Have you tried rebooting the device and then trying again?

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

OP
brute48

brute48

Reaction score
The options don't really disappear. They are kind of greyed out to where you can't select them. I can only select pattern, pin, or password. The face recognition and swipe to unlock can not be selected...... Yeah I have tried to reboot. No luck there either

TatDroid

Reaction score
Do you have an Enterprise email account set up? Admin security features can force you to have a lock screen.

OP
brute48

brute48

Reaction score
No... I was just trying out the pattern lock screen last night. Now I would like to change it back to normal swipe to unlock. I really don't want to do a factory reset just for that.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am guessing you are not rooted or modded. Is that correct?

Maybe try booting into recovery and clearing cache. Its a long shot but I'd say its worth a try.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

OP
brute48

brute48

Reaction score
You are right.... Not rooted. Yet that is. I am kinda waiting to see how the development goes over the next few weeks. I guess I can try and clear the cache.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah that's pretty much all I can think of. With it being so new haven't seen much about it yet.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

OP
brute48

brute48

Reaction score
Yeah. I tried clearing the cache. It was no help.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
OK. Last thought I have. Did you install apps recently? Sometimes incompatible or "demanding" apps can cause issues. Other then that and doing a reset, which it sounds like you don't want t do, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Sorry I'm not much help with the situation.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

OP
brute48

brute48

Reaction score
No new apps. I guess for now I will just deal with it. It's not a huge deal. I am just curious as to why the phone will not let me change it. Oh well. Whenever I root I will obviously have to do a reset. :) thanks for your insight.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah its strange. Wish I had one in hand to try and tinker to figure it out. If you do get it at some point make sure to update with how you did.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

OP
brute48

brute48

Reaction score
I definitely will. I am searching through the XDA forum right now to see if I can find any information.