Screen Protector & Case Combo

Lethal Intent

Reaction score
First allow me to provide some background information. I have yet to purchase the Droid X, but I will be doing so within the next few weeks. Before I get the phone, I would like to have the screen protector and the case/cover that I want in my possession before I actually get the phone. I would like to have these two accessories ready for the phone as soon as it arrives.

Okay, so I have done some research on the net and it seems like Steinheil's Ultra Crystal Screen Protector is the most recommended screen protector to get for my phone. I was wanting to know if most people here on the Droid Forums would agree with this statement. Do ya'll think that this screen protector would be a good investment for me?

My next question is regarding which case/cover I should get for my phone. I'm wanting to call it a cover because I'm not looking for one of those leather carrying pouches for my phone. I just want a good silicone or hard-cover protector for my phone. Again, I have looked around the net and it seems like Amzer is a brand that quite a few people seem to like. Once again, would ya'll here on the Droid Forums agree with that statement? There were a few different models of Amzer covers for the Droid X that I was interested in.

Amzer® Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Black For Motorola Droid X MB810
OR
Amzer® Luxe Argyle Skin Case - Green For Motorola Droid X MB810
OR
Amzer® Rubberized Black Snap On Case For Motorola Droid X MB810

Another part to this question is whether or not the snap on cases are preferable to the silicone skins or vice versa?

If anybody recommends a better brand or style of case than Amzer, please feel free to leave your feedback here. In addition, please advise me of any other places on the net to buy these kind of products. I wondered if there were easier/cheaper places to buy the products from other than from Amzer's direct website themselves. I'm new to these forums, so all help and patience is very appreciated.

jtdiddy

Reaction score
I stopped using belt clips all together cause I always seem to miss my clip or put the phone in it incorrectly and it drops to the ground.

Just picked the black silicone case with the graphite design from the vzw store and its pretty good. Not to bulky, protects the corners, easy to put on and take off and relatively cheap ($14.99). Combine this with my steinhill ultra crystal protector and I'm good to go.

I tried the zagg shields but returned it. Didn't like how it made my phone feel. Also I'm more prone to dropping my phone rather than scratching it so I figured that these whole body skins will not help with drops much but a case will.

Its all preference though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

stargazin

Reaction score
I like the full body skins because of you get protection from the little grit that gets between the case and the phone that seems to abraid the phone.

xbenzerox

Reaction score
I ordered and am waiting on this.

Amazon.com: XtremeGUARD© Verizon Motorola DROID X MB810 FULL BODY Screen Protector Front+Back+Sides(Ultra CLEAR)(XtremeGUARD Packaging): Cell Phones & Service

Hard to argue for the price. More prone to dropping than scratching, so hard cover it is for me

I'm more of a dropper too. I have a soft silicone case, but I hate it because it sticks in my pocket and I can't get the damn thing out. I was looking at this, but I don't get how that thin film would be a benefit for anything more than scratches....am I missing something?

*I did just order this, hell for 5 bucks, I'll try it.

Last edited:

xbenzerox

Reaction score
I got this full protector in the mail yesterday. I'm going to attempt to put it on tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. I totally dumped my silicone soft cover, I just can't stand the way it gets stuck in my pocket.

sthrnfat

Reaction score
Please post pics of these covers installed when you get a chance. Looks like a good option - especially for the money.

theecigarman

Reaction score
I am using an amzer case with an invsishield full body wrap on it. if I every want to take off the amzer case, I would still be protected. :icon_ banana: at least the phone will be..1

omnicious

Reaction score
Out of all of them I suggest the Luxe Argyle. It's not silicone, rather it's made of TPU (google) which doesn't "stick" as much when you try to pull it out of your pocket like silicone ones do. And I've heard people dropping their phones with those on (Luxe ones) and the phone still being ok.

I don't recommend hard cases at all. Some hard cases kinda...snap open when it falls from high enough which results in it kinda flying back up again and then experiencing a second drop.

stargazin

Reaction score
I am using an amzer case with an invsishield full body wrap on it. if I every want to take off the amzer case, I would still be protected. :icon_ banana: at least the phone will be..1

I'm not sure if your referring to the Ivisibleshield from Zagg; but it does not provide full body shielding. I have ordered 2 of their skins. The full kit I received has 4 pieces, one is the front display shield, and the rest is a little piece that sits next to the camera, and one on the battery cover and one below the battery cover. Defiantly not the full body I was expecting.

I bought the first and then ordered the second, before receiving the first one, a custom designed Grateful Dead one that I put together. Upon receiving them I realized that there was no coverage of the sides or any where else other than what I mentioned. If I didn't have a 50% off code I would have been really pissed. The back ones are thick enough that they seem like they will peel off rather quickly.

I have used a Wrapsol brand on my iPod Touch, which is a wet application. That made me nervous to apply; but when I put it on and it dried, it turned out great. I am really impressed with their product. I'm not sure if they make one for the X or not.

theecigarman

Reaction score
I'm not sure if your referring to the Ivisibleshield from Zagg; but it does not provide full body shielding. I have ordered 2 of their skins. The full kit I received has 4 pieces, one is the front display shield, and the rest is a little piece that sits next to the camera, and one on the battery cover and one below the battery cover. Defiantly not the full body I was expecting.
Stargazin, it is the invisible shield from Zagg. I concur that it does not have "FULL" cover on the phone, but it is better than nothing at this point. I will look into the other shield you mentioned. I do have multiple Zagg shields on Ipods and such and I have always been impressed with them..

BTW, I did have the 50% of code too. That was definitely worth the screen shield alone for me.