Screen Rotation?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes Touch Wiz is the stock launcher. My apologies. I thought whatever y'all were discussing above was a launcher not merely a lock screen.
Can you try using the stock lockscreen and see if it resolves the issue? And I hope the reboot solved the missing stuff issue as well. Thanks again.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
J

JandN2639

Reaction score
We use Trend Micro Security and haven't seen the lock screen on this phone in quite a while. Which is the stock lock screen?
And apps have disappeared. It will take some time to determine which ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We use Trend Micro Security and haven't seen the lock screen on this phone in quite a while. Which is the stock lock screen?
And apps have disappeared. It will take some time to determine which ones.

On your Trend how does it block apps? I saw this in its description
68d4e96b247bdefaf0010e9cf5c4ce1b.jpg
.I'm wondering if that's where your apps are, on the phone but blocked. I know there's a few "app hiders" out there that though they're on the device they're blocked from view so perhaps check Trend to see if they're hidden for some reason.
If you're not seeing your stock lock screen go to phone settings, lock screen and see if it's listed as "none" .
Safe Mode should not have deleted anything. It's merely a setting you disable everything not part of the oem phone apps as services.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
J

JandN2639

Reaction score
Well, the phone had everything prior to Safe Mode. When we rebooted, several home page icons were missing, and so were several apps.
Apparently Safe Mode resulted in deletions for some reason!

OP
J

JandN2639

Reaction score
And I guess it does have a lock screen: we have to type in a PIN after restarting.

OP
J

JandN2639

Reaction score
The apps also disappeared from the Apps list (the square of dots on the lower right of the Home screen).

OP
J

JandN2639

Reaction score
We have updated the Galaxy S7 to Android 7. Some folders are still missing, and when we try to add apps to existing or new folders on the Home screen(s), they disappear shortly afterward. ???