Screen won't turn back on!!!

bwhite757

I've been having issues with my Pro as of late with the screen staying black when I try to unlock it. I can see the backlight come on but it just stays black. Notifications still come through so the phones still working just can't get an image on the screen.

I have to do a battery pull and it usually takes me 3-4 attempts before the problem corrects itself, then I can go a couple of days without a problem, then bam, it starts doing it again. I have tried doing a factory reset thinking it may be a rogue 3rd party app, no luck, then I tried a SBF recovery, kept the phone completely stock for a couple of days, but still getting the same problem. I will be calling VZW tomorrow or swinging by the corporate store to try and get a replacement, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

google123

I've had that happen to me once or twice. First time I just hit the power button again to turn off the display and let it set for a minute and it worked fine when I hit the power button again. The other time I noticed it do that, I pressed ALT + SPACE and it turned the screen light back up right away. Not sure what is causing it though or how to prevent it from ever happening again. I too could see the screen widgets and everything except the backlight was not turned on or something. Let us know what Verizon tells you....