SD card

fasilva21

Reaction score
I saved something that said "this will be saved to your SD card under the folder ******." I can't find it how do you see what is on your SD card? Thanks

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You can either connect your phone to your computer and mount the card or install a file manager like Astro. You can get that from the Market. It would be good to have as you'll be using it again and again.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saved something that said "this will be saved to your SD card under the folder ******." I can't find it how do you see what is on your SD card? Thanks

Asto is a free app and seems to work well. Root Explorer is a paid app, less that $2, that is provides more functionality.

Mike

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Asto is a free app and seems to work well. Root Explorer is a paid app, less that $2, that is provides more functionality.

Mike

Only if Rooted....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Any file explorer app will do the trick but like ive said in the past i would recommend anstro, Its a very good app. Otherwise they guys above me preety much answered your question right?

and Yes, if you saved anything from your the default browser app anything downloaded from there will be located in the "downloads" folder

fuelcell

Reaction score
The files i see on my astro file manager do not match up with what i see on my computer. Im clearly not understanding the path. Can someone shed some light? thanks

wgarvin

Reaction score
Is there a way to move downloaded apps from my phone storage to the SD card to free up space?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

wgarvin

Reaction score
I am rooted, any suggestions?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look for a ROM that has Apps2SD or A2SD listed in the features. All 2.2 ROMs will have A2SD, to use A2SD on a 2.1 ROM, you will need to format and partition your SD card.

BGKris

Reaction score
I'm currently using Kaos V38 and moved a few apps to my SD card, if I re-flash my rom, do I just reinstall the apps from the SD card?

rigbyrobot

Reaction score
with kaos froyo v38 you must use cfs v6 to use app2sd, in cfs v8 the uids were compiled separately and must be started at boot with a script, for further info you can read conaps cfs and bfs thread on xda, v9 of cfs has been released but I personally haven't tested it, going to wait and see what v39 supports now that punk.kaos is active again. also in the eris dev thread there's a post by ds on how to move some apps and updates to apps from data/app to system/app that takes advantage of free space being wasted there, I don't suggest this unless your more of an advanced user because it can be tricky updating your apps after doing this

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App