Seinheil

Flyingbrad

Reaction score
I understand that this is supposed to go under Samsung Fascinate Accessories.. but i posted 4 days ago and STILL no answer! It's very urgent too!
"Hello all!
I've recently bought a new Samsung Fascinate on black friday!
I've been itchin for a new screen protector and decided against buying it at best buy because they have inflamed prices and crappy protectors.
I came across seinheil and the reviews have been incredible.
EVERYONE loves them!!
My one question about 'em is:
What in the world is so different about the "SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint Samsung Galaxy Fascinate Screen Protector [Verizon]" and the "SGP Steinheil Ultra Series Samsung Galaxy Fascinate Screen Protector [Ultra Crystal]"
Besides the obvious of course!
Is the anti-fingerprint matte? if not, how does the screen look compared to the crystal?

Another thing: What does it mean when the Steinheil web says, "You may feel little hazy at first time for this product...." for the Steinheil AF?"

THANK YOU EVERYONE.

Hi. I am sorry I can't answer your question, however why does one want a screen protector? I have had blackberrys and now this one. I am somewhat hard on a phone and use it constantly. Just curious.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Well the blackberry was never a problem, but with this considering it's a touch screen the screen protector...well it protects! from scratches and such

I have no idea what cross-posting is.. Sorry?
And I just wanted some opinions on Seinheil.....
I did all the googling of all the screen-protectors!

Gorilla Glass is a super-high-tensile strength glass used in smart phone touchscreens. That's why I suggested looking it up. It's very difficult to scratch. I suggested looking it up for that reason -- maybe saving you a few dollars. :)

Cheap screen protectors are usually made of the same material as their more expensive cousins, ergo they're every bit as good, often at substantially reduced prices. :)

Cross-posting is posting in more than one forum with the same question. It's frowned on here. Do it too often and a mod may issue an infraction. No harm done this time, really, but I wanted to give you a heads-up on it.

Oh, okay!! Thank you for the info. then!
And yes yes, I do know what Gorilla Glass is! :p However, they don't sell it for the Samsung Fascinate and here's what I read:
"From what I can understand the process of making a super amoled screen would be inhibitory to them including gorilla glass. With super amoled, they manufactured it so the sensor are in the surface of the screen. I think having a gorilla glass wouldn't work. "

*Double post*
Oh, and I also hear that the Galaxy S is supposed to come with built in Gorilla Glass

Yet another reason why Droid Does when others Don't. ;)

Kidding, of course. Alrighty. Check on eBay for some cheapie cheaps and try one. If it's good, you saved some green. If it's bad you spent like $2. :) In the meantime check back and someone here might have some experience with the protectors for you. That's my suggestion.

I bought three invisible glass from best buy for 2 reasons

1) lifetime warranty

2) they installed it and said if I had any issues to go back

I have used the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protector on my previous LG Dare phone, and yes it has a matte finish, so the screen looks foggy. I think you can find youtube videos showing what it looks like. It takes some time to get use to it, but it's not totally bad.

Currently, I have a Samsung Fascinate with the Steinheil Ultra Crystal Screen Protector, and let me tell you, I'm loving it! It looks as though I haven't even put any screen protector on. The surface is really smooth and not sticky like the invisibleShields. It also doesn't require any solution/liquids to apply on the screen, just place it on like a sticker.

All my future phones will definitely have the Steinheil ULtra Crystal protectors... It's kind of pricey at 14 bucks.. but you get a pack of 2, so it's like 7 bucks each. Totally worth it though!

Gorilla Glass is a super-high-tensile strength glass used in smart phone touchscreens. That's why I suggested looking it up. It's very difficult to scratch. I suggested looking it up for that reason -- maybe saving you a few dollars. :)

Cheap screen protectors are usually made of the same material as their more expensive cousins, ergo they're every bit as good, often at substantially reduced prices. :)

Cross-posting is posting in more than one forum with the same question. It's frowned on here. Do it too often and a mod may issue an infraction. No harm done this time, really, but I wanted to give you a heads-up on it.

Kinda strange, I have been very careful with my phone and still have scratches and one small scuff mark. So gorilla glass isn't as tuff as everyone thinks it is. Buy a screen protector just to be safe.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

And my phone has taken more knocks and drops and slips than I care to think about and I have the tiniest hairline scratch on the screen that I only noticed because I'm a bit anal about cleaning the screen and a couple of white spots on the case. :)

The Fascinate doesn't have Gorilla Glass because of the AMOLED screen, as previously stated.

Back