[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [NIGHTLIES]

jomaxro

Reaction score
HW codecs

Droid 3 ICS still needs Hardware codecs for some apps, like Chrome to work.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Is there some info on installing these codecs, or is it just not going to work?

Just not going to work for now. Hashcode has been working hard trying to crack them, but they're proprietary and there's not a whole lot that can be done that he hasn't tried or is working on.

ghostlobster

Reaction score
Just not going to work for now. Hashcode has been working hard trying to crack them, but they're proprietary and there's not a whole lot that can be done that he hasn't tried or is working on.
OK...not a huge issue anyway. Just a nice to have kinda thing.

tambo

Reaction score
Anyone able to get to the download and changelog? Seems to be down to me

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Installed the 6/2 nightly and lost mobile network connectivity after 2 days. Tried the 6/4 and same problem. Switched back to stock by disabling safestrap and still no network. I was running an early april rom before trying to update to gain new functionality. Any thoughts? Im at a loss...

Not much of a chance that the ROM is going to affect the stock ROM. Find another Verizon user and confirm there isn't a network issue?

notorious_msg

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I've done something wrong but, it seems that the 4.0.4 roms have some issue with graphics (?). A lot of the screens are blacked out and runs really slowly. I can't be the only one. Any suggestions or fixes?

jomaxro

Reaction score
ROM build error

Are you running the 6/9 nightly?
Hashcode had acknowledged that there was a error in the building of the ROM this morning. Go with 6/8 or wait for a new build.

mrgator85

Reaction score
Fr33dom said:
Not much of a chance that the ROM is going to affect the stock ROM. Find another Verizon user and confirm there isn't a network issue?

Not sure what the issue was, i went back to the 3/11 beta release and the network came back on in a few hours...my wifes droid x2 was working fine so i doubt it was a network issue....i will try a new release soon and see what happens.

nu2droid

Reaction score
So, I left and went back to GB for awhile and I am looking to come back.
Where is the rom at as far as stability, video, dropping data & calls, etc.
I left mainly due to the sound and data dropping out. How is everything now?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
So, I left and went back to GB for awhile and I am looking to come back.
Where is the rom at as far as stability, video, dropping data & calls, etc.
I left mainly due to the sound and data dropping out. How is everything now?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Its been my daily driver since late March. Never had a stability issue or data drop-out.

Adhd

Reaction score
Hey guys ! Thanks for all the hard work. Been running it for a solid couple months.

Two questions:

Is it possible to remove the slide the keyboard to unlock and/or make it so I can turn the screen or "wake" the phone by a key on the keyboard.

Also, how can I fix this pesky ALT lock I get sometimes on the hard keyboard?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Hey guys ! Thanks for all the hard work. Been running it for a solid couple months.

Two questions:

Is it possible to remove the slide the keyboard to unlock and/or make it so I can turn the screen or "wake" the phone by a key on the keyboard.

Also, how can I fix this pesky ALT lock I get sometimes on the hard keyboard?

Not sure what you are referring to by either of these, though I think the fix for the alt lock is to press search.

Adhd

Reaction score
Thanks, the search button fixes it... what I was referring to was when you slide the keyboard open, it turns the screen on... can we turn it off? Also, is it possible to make it so when you press a key on the physical keyboard, can that turn the screen on?