Shall I be the first?

anuraj1

Reaction score
Yeah R1, I'd really like to hear more from you on this subject. I respect and share your views in other posts, and would like to know what you think about giving koush's rom a try.

Raj

Kack

Reaction score
it seems as if R1 was an avid supporter of BD and UD roms and then when BD took his Rom off clockwork R1 switched to cyanogen. R1 is this because Cyanogen is a better rom or for other reasons.

OP
R1Lover

R1Lover

Reaction score
I will give you an honest opinion here.....

(In short) I have been a big fan of BD and his ROM's he has put together for the last couple of months..... there have been both great rom's from him and some bad ones too.

My decision to move to another rom was based on the following.

1. I need my phone to work 100% of the time as I use it for work 100% of the time.
2. I wanted a very stable base rom to base my them on as I plan on creating a few more options and varieties for all to enjoy. (updating every few days was taking too much time)
3. I was very disappointed in the way things have been handled on the forum recently by both BD and his team.

So over the last few days I spent some time trying just about every ROM out there for the droid..... I talked to several developers about what I was looking for as well.

In the end, I chose to go with Cyanogenrom by koush which is created from cyanogen's source for the nexus one. Both Cyanogen and Koush have a very long history of development and a very good reputation to go along with it.

My decision was not based on anything that happened between Koush and Bd, in fact I have never even asked either one of them about it and don't plan too.

My opinions of the cyanogenrom after using it and others is it's the most stable ROM available, built on the most recent code available,

I'm loving it and I will post up some screen shots and themes as I get them completed.

OP
R1Lover

R1Lover

Reaction score
it seems as if R1 was an avid supporter of BD and UD roms and then when BD took his Rom off clockwork R1 switched to cyanogen. R1 is this because Cyanogen is a better rom or for other reasons.

I posted some info above on this... but my decision had nothing to do with Bd not supporting rom manager... in fact if you search my post, I was having some issues with rom manager as well as others.

In the end..... I can tell you that it works great with cyanogen, pete's, adamz, and other roms that are currently on RM. As to why I and others had so many issues with it on UD.... I'm not privy to the info to tell you.... but all I can say is it has been working fine for me now with the other roms.

Kack

Reaction score
Thank you very much r1 I feel the same about doing a new rom every other day. I love your themes so I think I may be a cyanogen convert.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I agree about his team or whatever. Blackdroid seems like a nice guy but a couple of his team members bullying on the forums has really turned me off reading UD threads.

I'd like to check out Koush's work myself. did you use ROM Manager and do a full wipe?

OP
R1Lover

R1Lover

Reaction score
I agree about his team or whatever. Blackdroid seems like a nice guy but a couple of his team members bullying on the forums has really turned me off reading UD threads.

I'd like to check out Koush's work myself. did you use ROM Manager and do a full wipe?

Yes I had already bought RM, so I installed it again and selected the wipe data option in RM when it prompts you. Just a tip if you do, make sure and select yes on google apps lol

To be clear here I'm not trying to pure-sway anyone to one direction or another... but just giving my honest opinions based on my experience. Try them all out for yourself and see what fits you best, for me it's cyanogen though.

hookerdj

Reaction score

i think with the rom manager it has a fix permisiion button so you dont have to wipe anymore i beliueve. i may be wrong though .