Shocked!

dustinslee

Reaction score
Verizon wireless surprised me today! I got a replacement gn BC I was having dropped calls well I wasn't surprised when the replacement was no different I called verizon today I told em that I have had several android phones and have never had less than 2 bars at my home usually 3 and never had dropped calls in my local area... I told her I said what about me switching to a razr I know its passed my 14 days but I don't think another nexus will help.. she put me on hold................. ( also I have had the razr and had no issues I also tried returning the g nexus to my local store which is a corp store and they wouldn't allow me BC I purchased the razr and returned it before the nexus) well the lady came back and said she could send me a certified like new replacement I accepted they are sending me a phone SD card and a charger and I also keep my 1 yr warranty! Verizon I appreciate you for caring! To the nexus lovers I am glad for the ones that is happy but the nexus was to buggy for me I want what suites a user not a rooter and that is the razr ! I will still follow the forum BC if the issues are fixed I will purchase a g nexus till then I will be happy with my razr! Thanks for reading!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Verizon customer service comes through again. I know many of you have different opinions, but I've had nothing but good experiences with their customer service.

Sorry to hear the Nexus didn't work out for you, but happy to hear you got the phone that works for YOU.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear they worked with you, I've also had fairly good service from Verizon. Had to return my original Droid 4 times before I got one working properly and they kept giving me new replacements, was impressed. The 4th one worked perfectly over 2 years, glad I stuck with it, although we didn't have as many choices back then =P

Might be beneficial to post your location if you don't mind. There's a group of us collecting data on Nexus users who are having the signal issues to see if location is the reason some have the issues and others don't, thanks.

tituswife

Reaction score
I've never been offered a new replacement. I'm glad for you all.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
Yea I am pleased with customer service now for my local store that was rude and wouldn't even help me when the nexus wasn't working at my home I will never hand em a penny again not even to pay my bill... I will wait a day and order my phones over the phone for now on..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Glad to hear they worked with you, I've also had fairly good service from Verizon. Had to return my original Droid 4 times before I got one working properly and they kept giving me new replacements, was impressed. The 4th one worked perfectly over 2 years, glad I stuck with it, although we didn't have as many choices back then =P

Might be beneficial to post your location if you don't mind. There's a group of us collecting data on Nexus users who are having the signal issues to see if location is the reason some have the issues and others don't, thanks.
You may want to do the same Liderc:p

tituswife

Reaction score
I bought my Tbolt over the phone, and got a free extended battery. Only problem, is store saying, "you'll need to deal with Customer Service."

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Eek I don't trust VZW's "certified like new" replacements. But as long as your a happy customer that's all that matters. Hope it all works out for you. :biggrin:

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
Morristown tn

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Good deal! I feel pretty lucky, four phones in a row with zero issues. Whew! :happy3:

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
Eek I don't trust VZW's "certified like new" replacements. But as long as your a happy customer that's all that matters. Hope it all works out for you. :biggrin:

As long as they warranty it for a year same as a new phone I am okay with it ..

tituswife

Reaction score
In my experience, they give you three months on certified, like new.

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
In my experience, they give you three months on certified, like new.

My year warranty carried over from my original purchase date which was the nexus release day I got a year

tituswife

Reaction score
My year warranty carried over from my original purchase date which was the nexus release day I got a year

If I'm understanding, you received a brand new phone. If you'd been sent a cln, in my experience, three months is the policy.

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
If I'm understanding, you received a brand new phone. If you'd been sent a cln, in my experience, three months is the policy.

no there sending the phone out today she made it clear it was cln and that I wouldn't get a box and I asked to make sure and she said my warranty will carry over for the full year as the same as my nexus