Sim Card Authorization Error

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are national outages right now. A lot of phones are effected, not the just the Razr. My bionic is having issues too. Verizon is trying to figure out what is causing it.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Just got a notification on my Sims card as well! No 4g coverage here yet, but I received a similar authentication promt and was told to power down and call Verizon, Razr is only 48 hours old and I'm in Southern Illinois,(64 miles east of St.Louis No.) Verizon needs to figure this s@#$ out!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

droidsaiga

Reaction score
Apple hacked it so that Verizon couldn't release the gnex...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JHOOPS2

Reaction score
Just for kicks....A quick Photoshop.

Skynet-Verizon-1.jpg

Bacappella

Reaction score
There is news out there on this issue if you Google it... just got to sit back and wait

SallyC

Reaction score
Haha very funny photo!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

droidsaiga

Reaction score
Alright guys. Just powered down and took Sim card out put it back in them powered up and I now have blue 4G lte !!!! Syracuse, NY

satarecah

Reaction score
Alright guys. Just powered down and took Sim card out put it back in them powered up and I now have blue 4G lte !!!! Syracuse, NY

i almost want to say your fibbing cause i live like 30 mins from there and no luck lol

droidsaiga

Reaction score
I know but i'm online man! do this with 3g:

Test Date: Dec 7, 2011 7:38:04 pm
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Granby, MA
Download: 12906 kbps
Upload: 803 kbps
Ping: 182 ms

External IP: 166.248.0.112
Internal IP: 10.176.32.84, 192.168.20.1
Latitude: 41.68160
Longitude: -72.94050

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/111126715.png

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

dillont

Reaction score
I had the Sim card error and no 4g data since about 1pm this afternoon. Then about an hour ago the error notification went away,but I have had no data at all . Now back to strong 4g signal. Anyone else fixed? Did Verizon finally get their **** together?

satarecah

Reaction score
I live in walton ny and i live on the side of town facing you... yet i got nothing usaully have full 3g service ... maybe ill get lucky and they decided to upgrade the tower in my town to lte ... id orgasm

Yup its back full bars of 3g OMG ITS A AMAZING!

Last edited:

Markee

Reaction score
I too have SIM card authorization error... Hopefully it will go away when they get the network fixed. I will sit tight for a few days and see what happen.... Have 5 bars of 3G and it seems to work well at the slower network speed. (for now)... I usually got 3 bars of 4G LTE and I have had down load speeds as High as 30.1 MBps using speedtest.net.
That is a mind boggeling speed, considering my High Speed Comcast with their best home package gives me 20 MBps at best with a hard cable in my house... go figure...
Hope the network is back soon

The Verizon "4G Expert" Told me to remove and replace the SIM card with the phone powered up???? Is this right and is anyone sure that it won't damage the SIM card to do this with the phone power up?
Would appreciate if some Expert would let me know. Did not fix my problem... It came back...

droidsaiga

Reaction score
Don't remove the Sim card while the phone is on. Phone off, card out, card in, phone on.

dillont

Reaction score
Ugh i spoke too soon. Data gone again. I am very glad that 4g has came to Ithaca. It is really awesome! (when it was working anyway)