SIM Problem

ronlsjr

Reaction score
I installed the new CM7 and when
I open mcafee wavesecure i get the error message saying, registration error no SIM detected so I can't register it n use it. I have the sdcard that came with my DROIDX. Is there something else that is a sim or someway I can fix it? I like the cm7 but I paid $30 for wavesecure a few days ago. There is nothing wrong with my sdcard.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

broken42

Reaction score
Yea 2 things
1. We don't have SIM cards being Verizon customers. SIM cards are something that GSM networks, T Mobile and AT&T in the US, use to store your activation information instead of how the CDMA networks, Verizon and Sprint, store your activation information on the phone itself.
2. If you can get a refund, I'd suggest it and looking into Lookout. From what I've heard, McAffee's WaveSecure is notorious for giving false positives, and Lookout not only scans new apps for threats but it also has remote GPS phone location and backs up your pictures, contacts, and call history.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any spyware app will give false positives if you are rooted, due to the permissions they require. sypware apps arent needed, get a refund on the one you baught.

Rezael

Reaction score
Lookout is better then your 30 dollar pos app. And its free get your money back asap.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
R

ronlsjr

Reaction score
Yes I feel sorry I purchased wavesecure. I don't have any problems running mcafee on the other roms. It runs without any problems on darkslidex, liberty0.8 and apex2.0. I can't get a refund. I like the new cm7 its really nice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk