Skinomi Screen Protectors...

billyk

Reaction score
I bought a Skinomi screen protector for my Bionic based on good reviews here. It is essentially the same 3M film that InvisibleShield uses at a more attractive price.

The Skinomi had a bunch of dimple imperfections in the film and Skinomi replaced it immediately.

The replacement is cut differently, and better. The cutouts at the top are different and the width is slightly narrower, which accommodates the bevel of the Bionic better than the first one.

Excellent product and excellent customer service.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I found that my skinomi screen protector kept causing my screen to go dark on calls because it was affecting the sensor at the top of the screen. I took it off and no more problems. I am now using a screen protector that I bought off ebay that fits the screen very well and causes no issues with the sensors. Hope yours doesn't do that to you!

gtofan350

Reaction score
I purchased a skinomi from amazon and I hope I like it. I've always used Invisishields but I want to try something new. Is the application the same as the invisishield?

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Yep the application is the same. I've not only used InvisibleShields for years, but I bought the same 3M film stock that InvisibleShield and Skinomi use to make custom shield for Ipods and other phones my family has. I made the required solution which is water, isopropyl alcohol and a dash of baby shampoo (same as what comes from the shield companies in those cool sprayers).

If you clean the screen really well, wash your hands well, work in a clean environment, spray your hands with the solution, spray the screen and both sides of the film, you can simply lay the film down, slide it until it lines up exactly, then squeegee it from the center out to the edges. I always get a perfect fit.

ArabStar: the "newest" version has extra cut-outs at the top to accommodate the sensors. Works perfectly.

gtofan350

Reaction score
Then I should have no problem installing this shield on. I used to install the invisishields for best buy on ipod touchs, ipads, and other schtuff.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
ArabStar: the "newest" version has extra cut-outs at the top to accommodate the sensors. Works perfectly.

That is good they corrected it, it seemed like a definite durable screen protector while it was on my phone!! Was sorry to take it off.... lol but I like the function of the phone screen coming on or off depending on if its near my face or not and didnt know there was a new style out.

BeerManMike

Reaction score
I also purchased a Skinomi from Amazon too and at first got a fitted protector with no holes cut out. I emailed Skinomi and was sent out another one right away, the new version. I put on the old version and it works well and looks good, although it does turn off when making or receiving a call, which is fine by me as I press the power button and it stays on. Very good customer service would buy from again easily.