Smart Actions Not Working Properly...

laurenrupar

Reaction score
I am so frustrated right now.

I have a Droid RAZR and a few weeks ago it prompted me to upgrade my OS, which I did without thinking about it (silly me)... so many things started acting up that I contacted Verizon and they sent me a brand new phone. Well, so far, I'm not sure that helped at all!

One of the biggest problems I'm having is with the Smart Actions:

Previously, I had a smart action setup labeled "Work" that would turn on only when it was plugged into my computer (USB). This was great for me because I work from home so when I was sitting at my computer working, I would plug it in and it would change to "Work." This Smart Action was setup to lower the volume slightly and disable background sync so that I wasn't getting Facebook alerts while working nor was I receiving email notifications (which I didn't need because I have my email right in front of me at the computer).

Well, with this update NONE of that works! (a) It doesn't recognize when it's plugged into a USB, despite the fact that the trigger is setup to do that and (b) even if it's set as a manual trigger, when the background sync is supposedly disabled (and shows a constant annoying notice of such in the dock... ugh!) my email and FB alerts STILL come streaming in!!!!!

This is SOOOOOO annoying! Please fix or tell me what the the heck I'm doing wrong.

Thank you.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I wouldn't use it... I never got it set up the way I wanted, it didn't have the capability to do basic things it should have. I

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

laurenrupar

Reaction score
I wouldn't use it... I never got it set up the way I wanted, it didn't have the capability to do basic things it should have. I

That's not very helpful. I NEED a way to turn off those notifications while I'm working. If I don't use Smart Actions, what the heck can I use? Because the constant Facebook notices are extremely distracting while I'm working. And I can't silence my phone either because I use it as my main phone line for work.

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi laurenrupar,
I'm not sure why your having trouble with your charging (USB) trigger, I will let our testing team know about this issue. In the meantime try testing the other charging options to see if those work. If not just let me know, this will be helpful for us.

As for background sync, data will still come in if Wi-Fi is turned on. If your Wi-Fi is on, try adding the wi-fi off action to your rule. This should prevent FB messages coming through.