SMS Facebook Notifications on Verizon (I found my answer)

freaksnail

Reaction score
dancedroidI hope this works for everyone. I posted this in the Verizon discussion board on Facebook.dancedroid

For those of you still having problems......a FB user named Kevin posted this in another discussion board. I just did it, and i'll be the first to tell every one, IT WORKS! Please try it..and if you have success let us know in here.

When you go to register your phone number, instead of selecting Verizon, select AT&T. Then you text facebook whatever letter it asked.

*It gave me the same prompt on the screen, text the letter "F" without quotations to 32665.*

OP
freaksnail

freaksnail

Reaction score
Now if they could just get the "Facebook App" to work properly.

Reaction score
Notifications work perfectly fine for me. I receive a text when this one person posts a new status, and if I receive a message. It works everytime.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
freaksnail

freaksnail

Reaction score
Are you talking about notifications from the app or via sms where you activate your phone through facebook.

Reaction score
i'm talking about through the website, when i registered my phone a long time ago with facebook. it sends me text messages when someone sends me a message, and also when a person posts a status on their wall.

OP
freaksnail

freaksnail

Reaction score
Well mine worked fine for 2 months..the one day they stopped. So I deleted my phone from facebook mobile. That's when the problem took on a whole new meaning. Trying to get a new code to activate facebook mobile by texting 32665 the letter "f". So I selected ATT as the carrier and bam....theres my new code. Weird....but I really don't care now because it's working.